FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Dubai Silver Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1217818-dubai-silver-lounge.html)

maggieomx May 21, 2011 11:41 am

Dubai Silver Lounge

;) hiya just got a cheeky question to ask..flying to denpasar (bali ) with my 78 year old mum, i have silver status, so can go in lounge in dubai, is there any way i can get my mum admission as well, she has no status, and we have a 4 hour transit layover,:confused:

LovetoTravel83 May 21, 2011 12:01 pm

As a policy you Can't, but I won't mind asking.

Hopefully you'll get someone whose ok with it. Just try to do it when no other flyer is around (usually that helps).

GigoloArt May 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by maggieomx (Post 16425918)
;) hiya just got a cheeky question to ask..flying to denpasar (bali ) with my 78 year old mum, i have silver status, so can go in lounge in dubai, is there any way i can get my mum admission as well, she has no status, and we have a 4 hour transit layover,:confused:

But you are not flying with EK to DPS, are you? Then you cannot even yourself use the lounge.

If on EK, then I guess you already know that EK does not fly to DPS but CGK (Jakarta) :p

maggieomx May 21, 2011 12:16 pm

ek

Originally Posted by GigoloArt (Post 16426035)
But you are not flying with EK to DPS, are you? Then you cannot even yourself use the lounge.

If on EK, then I guess you already know that EK does not fly to DPS but CGK (Jakarta) :p

hiya gigolo, im flying emirates from manchester to dxb, then emirates to jakarta, then malaysia air from jakarta to denpasar, my mum is 78 and dosent drink so its onlyto sit in a comfy seat, ^

B747-437B May 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by maggieomx (Post 16425918)
is there any way i can get my mum admission as well

Yes. If you buy her a Business Class ticket, she will be able to join you in the lounge.

DYKWIA May 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 16426828)
Yes. If you buy her a Business Class ticket, she will be able to join you in the lounge.

Or a slightly cheaper way would be to pay for access at the other lounges at T3.

It's about £20 per person.

Don't know how mobile the OP's mother is, but it's quite a trek from T3 to the silver lounge in T1.

Cheers,
Rick

maggieomx May 22, 2011 2:44 am

reply by emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 16427244)
Or a slightly cheaper way would be to pay for access at the other lounges at T3.

It's about £20 per person.

Don't know how mobile the OP's mother is, but it's quite a trek from T3 to the silver lounge in T1.

Cheers,
Rick

hiya DWKIA, thanks for the info here is the reply i got from emirates,

Thank you for your email regarding Lounge access for your mother on your upcoming flights with Emirates......

@:-)Lounge access at Dubai International Airport is a benefit of our Silver members, even when travelling in economy class.

To ensure the comfort of our members is maintained, and due to limited capacity, we regret we are not able to offer the same courtesy to your guest.

We remain committed to the benefits offered to our Silver members. At Dubai Airport Terminal 3, a dedicated Silver check-in area is available for your convenience. This is located in the Economy check-in area. At all other airports around the world Silver members may check in at the Business Class counters, or at exclusively dedicated Silver and Gold check-in counters.

Silver members also enjoy the 12kg additional baggage allowance, and the 25 percent Silver bonus miles. These additional miles allow the opportunity to redeem for free flights and upgrades at a much faster pace.

Thank you for your support of Emirates and we look forward to welcoming you on board.@:-)
the advice you gave me is helpful as my mum has had knee replacements and has dementia,so mobility isnt good, do you think i could get one of the buggys to the lounge if i pay for her ? never had to do anything like this before
where would i pay to get her in the lounge? do you do it before i go or at the airport in dubai? thanks:)

w00t May 22, 2011 5:48 am

I would recommend Marhaba Lounge in T1 for both of you. It's not very expensive, you could be in the same lounge and there is pretty decent food/drinks and some OK seats for 4 hours layover.

ft101 May 22, 2011 7:03 am

Originally Posted by maggieomx (Post 16428311)
.... do you think i could get one of the buggys to the lounge if i pay for her ? never had to do anything like this before
where would i pay to get her in the lounge? do you do it before i go or at the airport in dubai? thanks:)

If you book a Marhaba Lounge there is the option to pay extra for the "Meet and Greet" service which will smooth the process on arrival and provide a buggy. You can pre-book on their website:

https://www.marhabaservices.com/index.aspx

Originally Posted by w00t (Post 16428612)
I would recommend Marhaba Lounge in T1 for both of you. It's not very expensive, you could be in the same lounge and there is pretty decent food/drinks and some OK seats for 4 hours layover.

Is there any reason you recommend the T1 lounge over the T3?

LovetoTravel83 May 22, 2011 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 16428822)

I would never reccommend T1, That is a zoo, where T3 is way much better and lesser ppl around. I've been to both and I couldnt find a single seat in T1.

maggieomx May 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 16428822)
If you book a Marhaba Lounge there is the option to pay extra for the "Meet and Greet" service which will smooth the process on arrival and provide a buggy. You can pre-book on their website:

https://www.marhabaservices.com/index.aspx

i have silver status so dont think i can only use t3 lounge, only t1 lounge, would i have to pay to use with marhaba lounge ? with mum ? x:confused:

ft101 May 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by maggieomx (Post 16430361)
i have silver status so dont think i can only use t3 lounge, only t1 lounge, would i have to pay to use with marhaba lounge ? with mum ? x:confused:

Marhaba Lounge is totally seperate from any of the Emirates Lounges. You would have to pay for both of you as your Silver status will not gain you access here.

My question about T3 v T1 lounge was aimed at w00t who recommended the one in T1. If youre flights are in and out of T3 I would think the T3 lounge is more appropriate and was curious as to why he/she had said this.

maggieomx May 24, 2011 11:50 am

where?

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 16430438)
Marhaba Lounge is totally seperate from any of the Emirates Lounges. You would have to pay for both of you as your Silver status will not gain you access here.

My question about T3 v T1 lounge was aimed at w00t who recommended the one in T1. If youre flights are in and out of T3 I would think the T3 lounge is more appropriate and was curious as to why he/she had said this.

thanks for the brill info and help, when do i pay for the marharba lounge? do i pay at when i book flight or at dubai?
do the have special deals like the lounges at manchester or is it 1 set price ?;)

w00t May 24, 2011 11:55 am

I am sorry, my fault.
In the rush, i mixed Marhaba T3/T1 with EK T3/T1. :)

w00t May 24, 2011 11:56 am

Originally Posted by maggieomx (Post 16441654)
pay for the marharba lounge? do i pay at when i book flight or at dubai?

You pay when you enter the Lounge.

Bu if you wanna use the Meet 'n Greet:

Important Information:

The above service needs to be booked 24 hours prior to arrival/departure. Supplementary charges apply for bookings done 10 hours prior to flight arrival or departure.