Wiki Posts
Search

Performance of EK22-EK21

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Star Alliance
Performance of EK22-EK21

I know this a bit soon for this route ... but any body know how this is performing ...

Reason being I took up EK's offer of pay J / Fly 1st on this route when i go to BKK in August ...

My route is EK22-EK374-EK373-EK21 .... I have done the 777's flights before so know what to expect ... but I have never tryed the F product on the A330 ... and i've tryed the other F product's of EK's fleet so know what to expect on others just not the A332...

Any views or info

Regards

Stu
Old May 15, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I have just flew back from Dubai on EK21
Just myself in first class
10 in Business class

Doing the same again in June, hopefully nice and quiet again
Old May 15, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
I flew on the first EK22 out of MAN at the start of May. They use the old A330s on this route, so old style seats (no lie flats in J and no suites in F) and the ancient IFE (no VOD). If you're used to the 777 or 380 hardware you may be disappointed.

That said, the flight times are great if you want to get into DXB at a civilised hour and the airport is deserted upon arrival. It took only 25 mins wheels down to being in a cab and on our way home. Also, the lounge at MAN was very quiet compared to the pre-A380 crowds. IMO a great flight for Dubai residents or visitors, but may not offer the short connection times of the later flights arriving 12-1am

FWIW I'd say the plane that day was about 60% in Y and J.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight guys ...

I hope i get a rather emptyish cabin then ... but that may change closer to the dates ...

I have found a video on youtube so i have now seen what seats will be like... on the A330

Expedia have selected me 1K for all 4 of my flights ...

cheers
Old May 15, 2011, 7:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by dxbtraveller
I flew on the first EK22 out of MAN at the start of May. They use the old A330s on this route, so old style seats (no lie flats in J and no suites in F) and the ancient IFE (no VOD). If you're used to the 777 or 380 hardware you may be disappointed.
There is a sort of VOD... In that you have tapes that you request, and a tape player in the armrest. Unless it's changed recently.

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 16, 2011, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There is a sort of VOD... In that you have tapes that you request, and a tape player in the armrest. Unless it's changed recently.

Cheers,
Rick
It has indeed changed in that there is now a type of VOD in F & J, not full blown ICE but better than the old system by miles, this has been on the last few 340 300 and 330 flights I have done. Seems to have most of the new movies and quite a bit of the Quest and other TV though only single episodes
Old May 16, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Stu1978
Expedia have selected me 1K for all 4 of my flights ...
You can change that if there's availability and you prefer an aisle seat or don't want to be at the bulkhead. The Emirates reference should be on your Expedia booking and you can access it through the Emirates website.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for the info guys
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I'm due out on this route in 11 days time ...

How is the morning service now doing out of MAN ... since the last time i asked this back in May...

I've tryed to see what the load is like in my cabin but for some reason Manage my booking is playing up on the EK website ... so may have to call EK or skywards before i fly ... to check all is ok ...

cheers for any update

stu
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:58 am

Question EK Downgrades Today for MAN

Massive downgrades on EK today.

The EK17 is a B777 A6-EMP, and then the EK19 is an A330 A6-EKQ!

No A380 for the first time since 01/09/10, and the Evening flight an A330, instead of the usual 77W.

I wonder If this the start of the Impact of the excessive overcapacity by EK,QR & EY on the MAN route, in the current economic climate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.