Search

EK 18 Man-DXB on 4/5/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G, EY G and a few others
EK 18 Man-DXB on 4/8/11

hi guys,

anyone got any idea abt what happened to the EK 18 Man-Dxb today. i have been trying to get some info as some of my friends traveling today. noway of contacting them as the phone is switched off and it has not departed Manchester yet. at 18:00 it is showing as info available at 20:30 pm
nothing more available from the Manchester Airport Website/ Emirates flight status

any ideas??

P:S: it's 4/8/11, edited the dates now

Last edited by skyjumper007; Aug 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm Reason: entered month wrong
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
did ek 17 arrive on time? or was there a delay at dxb?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
According to emirates flight status ,EK 17 arrived at MAN at 1227. So must be some issue at MAN.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There seem to have been a few problems at MAN recently. Last week, 2 of the 3 flights were delayed overnight due to a technical issue and a pilot being sick. This meant there were 5 EK departures from MAN the following day.

Dunno what's happening today. Probably a sick plane.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. It's 4/8/2011...
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK G, EY G and a few others
looks like departure going to be some time t'row afternoon; some technical error with the plane.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by skyjumper007
hi guys,

anyone got any idea abt what happened to the EK 18 Man-Dxb today. i have been trying to get some info as some of my friends traveling today. noway of contacting them as the phone is switched off and it has not departed Manchester yet. at 18:00 it is showing as info available at 20:30 pm
nothing more available from the Manchester Airport Website/ Emirates flight status

any ideas??

P:S: it's 4/8/11, edited the dates now
I was on the inbound EK 17 flight. Half the IFE in the J cabin was not working. The crew tried several times to reboot the system but it was not possible. There were also problems with the electronics. When we landed the upper deck door was not working properly and had to be opened manually. The capitan came on and confirmed that there were still problems with the electronics. Then was a major problem trying to open the doors to the baggage hold. We were waiting for more than one hour to get the first of the bags on the belt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.