Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Skysurfers Form

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:31 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)
Original Poster

Problem with Skysurfers Form

I have been trying to enroll my son in Skysurfers but, no matter what I do, I always receive the following message:

----
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Please use English characters only, and avoid using characters such as &, <, >, ".
----

I checked everything twice and thrice. Initially thought may be a bug on the page and waited over a month and tried again. Same error.

Has anyone figured out a way to make this form work? I am providing all required information and I am not using any "illegal" characters.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Might be easier to do this at a lounge or onboard. The last I looked at the Skysurfers website it was extremely outdated.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:05 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LandingGear
I have been trying to enroll my son in Skysurfers but, no matter what I do, I always receive the following message:

----
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Please use English characters only, and avoid using characters such as &, <, >, ".
----

I checked everything twice and thrice. Initially thought may be a bug on the page and waited over a month and tried again. Same error.

Has anyone figured out a way to make this form work? I am providing all required information and I am not using any "illegal" characters.
Actually, I remember this problem. I have 2 kids and when I tried to enroll them online - saw the exact same error message. The problem is you cant actually enrol them online. You have to fax Skywards their enrollment forms. Seems bizarre. But sadly true.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:27 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)
Original Poster

Thanks ung1 and eightblack. I will print the page and fax it. If that does not work, I will enroll in the lounge.

It said there that we need to fax, but I took the 'submit' button to mean that I have to fax a resultant page.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Angry Still doesnt work...

Do we have a resolution for this issue? I am trying to enroll my 11 year old and same issue where the submit button doesnt work. How else can I enroll my child?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Nope, still isn't working. I emailed Emirates and they responded with a PDF application form to be faxed to them.

Quite bizarre they keep the form online when it just constantly errors.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
Nope, still isn't working. I emailed Emirates and they responded with a PDF application form to be faxed to them.

Quite bizarre they keep the form online when it just constantly errors.
The good news is that when I faxed them a print out of the on line application form on two seperate occasions, some time apart, for my two kids they processed them within a day or two.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:20 pm

Signing up fro Skywards

Hi
I had the same problem but worked out the issues.

EG my suburb is x2 words such as North Nole
to overcome this I just made it one big word NorthPole
and it was accepted
Then printed out the form and faxed it off
Happy children
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
For your reference, this form will only work in Internet Explorer. Was trying in Google Chrome on MacBook all this time. Also two word city will not work, will have to put the city as one word like SanDiego.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
Originally Posted by tashi
For your reference, this form will only work in Internet Explorer. Was trying in Google Chrome on MacBook all this time. Also two word city will not work, will have to put the city as one word like SanDiego.
Ugh, I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out why the form wouldn't submit, trying different computers and browsers (but hadn't tried IE)

Yep, form submitted fine in IE.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by eightblack
Actually, I remember this problem. I have 2 kids and when I tried to enroll them online - saw the exact same error message. The problem is you cant actually enrol them online. You have to fax Skywards their enrollment forms. Seems bizarre. But sadly true.
Same problem I had - back in 2009. To make matters only worse, the only reply I could get out of EK Customer Service was to try again. They were not even aware of the problem.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:49 pm

"Tashi" was spot on...worked absolutely fine on Internet Explorer. Just did my son's succesfully.
Awaiting outcome!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.