Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai International Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Dubai International Hotel

I am travelling YYZ-DXB-CAI at the end of May with a long stopover (20.5 hrs). As a Canadian, I would need a visa if I wanted to leave the airport for a hotel night in the city.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Dubai International Hotel. I gather it is physically inside the airport, and so I am assuming that I would not need a transit visa. I could of course eat in the airport or the lounges, since I am flying J.

Any advice or comments would be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The hotel is very expensive. Although it tends to be cheaper the earlier you book it, so don't just turn up and try and get a room.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:26 am

We used it last year for one night (about 8 hrs) was pricey but dont recall how much i paid for it (iirc it was about the same as cost of dubai visa for self & s.o.)

The room was pretty good and we could sleep very soundly before we headed into the highly therapeutic 10 abreast Y secton of EK

staff was efficient and friendly, check in was quick. I think there is complimentary internet though we didnt use it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.