Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Any chance EK will support pax who loose status because of their Arabian friends?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance EK will support pax who loose status because of their Arabian friends?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Well, lets face it, I'm just a lowly Silver, due to the fact that my company loves to spread their bookings over pretty much every airline they can get their fingers on (I had all 3 major alliances plus EK plus some weird airlines who don't even give out miles or stuff like this (No, wasn't Air Koryo)

Anyway, back to topic.. due to the fact that some Arabian people apparently had enough of their rulers and kicked them out, I was kicked out (well, technically company cancelled the flights I was booked upon) of my spring EK flights. I am making only approx 25k on EK a year, but had been able to easily make Silver due to some private travelling on them as well for the last 2 years. Anyway, now that the company travel for approx. 10k will be gone and with flex/safer crap having cost me some more miles, I won't re-do silver (which is great for me as I've some long time to kill in DXB airport each time I've to transfer there) for now.. and without this travel, the earliest point I could hope to re-hit silver would then be late 2012.. which means the few-but-not-so-few travel with EK till then, I'll have no lounge access, and no priority boarding/little OP-UP chances..

So.. as it's all to blame their Arabian friends, any chance they would give me another year of Silver status? anyone having the same issues with them? I like travel privately with them due to the fact that the waiting time in DXB is nice, if I've to wait in the public area for hours, choosing LH/LX with a direct connection/short connection in MUC including lounge sounds much more promising, even more as EK isn't always cheapest anymore and with the Exec bonus I get more miles on M&M on the "cheap" fares..

Just in case it matters, flights were already booked on them, so they could see that I wanted to take them, but due to the unrests they didn't let me fly...

I know EK usually goes very much by the book (So did Gadafi, but his green book is done by now ) but special times should allow for special "kindness", shouldn't it?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
unfortunately i doubt your argument will get much out of them. What are the routes you fly most often?

another option might be to ask qatar to status match you, then you have a year of status with qatar...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.