Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates and status matching! It works :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates and status matching! It works :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by CoopsJC21
I just heard back from Emirates, the reply was something along the lines of "p*ss off!" (although much more polite). They said Emirates sales dept. in the UK are unable to offer me Gold membership at this time and good luck with achieving it (the hard way ) in the future.

Think I will stick with Qatar, I'm already gold and can use there lounges.
Did you give the them any reason to match you? eg future travel plan or current bookings.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Did you give the them any reason to match you? eg future travel plan or current bookings.

Yes, I said I do a lot of business flights on Qatar airways and am thinking of switching to Emirates for those routes so wanted a status match to make it more comfortable from the start (lounge access etc). Currently have 1 flight booked in Dec but would do more in between.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Asked Emirates to match my FB Silver I got this response after 2 business days

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your email regarding your request of a higher Skywards status

We have forwarded your correspondence to Emirates Sales Department in XXXXX who are in a position to assist you in this matter. One of the Sales Executives will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your prospective travels with Emirates.

Thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Skywards Customer Relations
Hope they contact me soon, flying out on EK this Friday. Will post the outcome when I hear back.

Last edited by STelite; Sep 5, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
ST Elite - I had the same response a month ago and have heard nothing after trying to status match from M&M Silver - i fly Business with them to Singapore next week so I was hoping to get it sorted by then but no luck
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by UK_Ship
ST Elite - I had the same response a month ago and have heard nothing after trying to status match from M&M Silver - i fly Business with them to Singapore next week so I was hoping to get it sorted by then but no luck
I got a call from them this afternoon. The agent asked some basic questions about my past history with Flying Blue and prospective travel plans with Emirates. When I emailed them regarding a status match I gave them my EK ticket number so he brought that up during the conversation. Lasted less than 5 minutes and he said he was going to discuss it with his supervisor before getting back to me.

I am hoping for the best ^
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by STelite
I got a call from them this afternoon. The agent asked some basic questions about my past history with Flying Blue and prospective travel plans with Emirates. When I emailed them regarding a status match I gave them my EK ticket number so he brought that up during the conversation. Lasted less than 5 minutes and he said he was going to discuss it with his supervisor before getting back to me.

I am hoping for the best ^
It seems from your account (and most of the others here) that the company handles it pretty well. They devote some resources to status-match inquiries, but don't give out status like candy. I can't imagine QR, for example, handling it so professionally.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:13 am

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your email regarding your Skywards tier status.

We do appreciate your choice to fly more frequently with Emirates, and have reviewed your request for the Skywards Silver membership based on your flying record with Air France and Royal Dutch Airlines.

We regret we are unable to offer the Skywards Silver membership at this time, however we would be delighted to re-visit your request after you have completed a few return journeys on Emirates.

Thank you for this opportunity to review your account.

Yours sincerely,

Skywards Customer Relations
I thought I would get it after the phone conversation with their sales department. I am not sure what they mean by a "few return journeys" but I will be completing a return on October 2nd which would get me about 10,000 miles.

I am not sure when my next trip on EK would be, but I anticipate that I should be able to clear Silver. I just wanted to start off my experience with EK holding status. Any advice as to what I should do? Should I contact them again after I complete my return in October?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I thought I would get it after the phone conversation with their sales department. I am not sure what they mean by a "few return journeys" but I will be completing a return on October 2nd which would get me about 10,000 miles.

I am not sure when my next trip on EK would be, but I anticipate that I should be able to clear Silver. I just wanted to start off my experience with EK holding status. Any advice as to what I should do? Should I contact them again after I complete my return in October?
What kind of trips did you have pre-booked when you spoke to them? In Y, J or F? If in J or F, the status gets you zilch. If in Y, why will they status matching you when the revenue you are brining in is insignificant? Unless you can provide a good enough reason, they have little incentive, and you would have to start from scratch like everyone else.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Status Matching with Emirates Gold

Has anyone ever tried status matching their EK gold with another airline?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Yes, I matched mine to BMI Diamond Club (Star Alliance Gold). Wonderful.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Do Emirates do Status Match?

I'm a skyteam Elite Plus with Delta. Fly Delta going west and AF going East
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum/ DL Silver
Originally Posted by htran831
Has anyone ever tried status matching their EK gold with another airline?
Emirates matched my status from *alliance and skyteam. However, I am pretty sure it was the fact that I work for a fortune 500 company that did the trick.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:39 am

I sent another message on September 12th asking them to re-consider one last time. Received a call on October 9th from the same sales agent who called me the first time to say my request has been GRANTED!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: Skywards, BA, Qantas
Hi all, first post on this site. Recently heard about it. I don't know where it has been all these years.

I have been Gold with EK for the last three years. This year I am on around 32,000 miles. I have been flying BA a lot to the US. They have better connections/times into the US.

With not long to ago in the year I have figured that if I can go visit my family in Perth Economy there and in First return then I will get enough tier miles to renew Gold (actually it's around 300 points short but I got the OK from skywards). If you are interested, it's actually not bad value and cheaper than a return business flight.

A friend suggested to me that I now approach BA now to get a status match to my EK Gold, let my Gold lapse with Emirates, forget this crazy idea of the First class seat back to Dubai and then ask Emirates to do a status match with my BA (reminding them that I have been pretty loyal the last few years).

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Regulator11
Hi all, first post on this site. Recently heard about it. I don't know where it has been all these years.

I have been Gold with EK for the last three years. This year I am on around 32,000 miles. I have been flying BA a lot to the US. They have better connections/times into the US.

With not long to ago in the year I have figured that if I can go visit my family in Perth Economy there and in First return then I will get enough tier miles to renew Gold (actually it's around 300 points short but I got the OK from skywards). If you are interested, it's actually not bad value and cheaper than a return business flight.

A friend suggested to me that I now approach BA now to get a status match to my EK Gold, let my Gold lapse with Emirates, forget this crazy idea of the First class seat back to Dubai and then ask Emirates to do a status match with my BA (reminding them that I have been pretty loyal the last few years).

Any thoughts?

Cheers
AFAIK BA do not status match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.