Ek348 dxb-(cmb)-sin

Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:38 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 346
Ek348 dxb-(cmb)-sin

Hello... all non-stop flights are not available in my booking class and I'm not going to come up with 2000dhs to rebook on a higher economy class, so I'll be flying Dubai-Singapore via Colombo on 21 December 2010.. just a quick question, for the 1h15m transit, do pax get to disembark?
metcalve is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:59 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Birmingham, UK.
Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
Posts: 295
Would not think so, would expect the gate to be already open for departing passengers before you even get off the plane.
Basil B is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:26 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OSL
Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Posts: 4,545
No, you must stay onboard while they clean up etc. Done this flight a couple of times and hate it. EK is blocking inventory right now on DXB-SIN. I would suggest you keep checking EF as you should be able to get the direct flight closer to your date.
ung1 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:33 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: KSA
Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Posts: 3,724
Originally Posted by ung1
No, you must stay onboard while they clean up etc. Done this flight a couple of times and hate it. EK is blocking inventory right now on DXB-SIN. I would suggest you keep checking EF as you should be able to get the direct flight closer to your date.
Do they keep the entertainment system on? I'll be doing a similar flight (DXB-BKK-HKG) I'll be at BKK for an hour and something I guess.
LovetoTravel83 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:58 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OSL
Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Posts: 4,545
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Do they keep the entertainment system on? I'll be doing a similar flight (DXB-BKK-HKG) I'll be at BKK for an hour and something I guess.
Don't think so. They keep trying to do a headcount but pax keep moving around the cabin and they keep asking everyone to stay seated. Or maybe they do, I don't remember. I got put off by having to watch ICE videos twice, and the rushed service on both legs. Most pax on this flight are flying either DXB-CMB or CMB-SIN.
ung1 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:36 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 629
Apologies for bumping an old thread.

doing this journey in reverse (SIN-CMB-DXB) in a few weeks. Does one stay onboard at CMB?

thanks
secretplantofightinflation is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:06 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SIN
Posts: 835
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Apologies for bumping an old thread.

doing this journey in reverse (SIN-CMB-DXB) in a few weeks. Does one stay onboard at CMB?

thanks
yes DXB bound pax do not disembark from the plane whilst its on transit.
lowjhg is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:40 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 844
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Apologies for bumping an old thread.

doing this journey in reverse (SIN-CMB-DXB) in a few weeks. Does one stay onboard at CMB?

thanks
yes and before arrival in CMB plane interior is sprayed .
ElJudioErrante is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.