Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

From the : Strange Stuff Department

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From the : Strange Stuff Department

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: pants
Question From the : Strange Stuff Department

redacted redacted

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jun 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:16 am

From personal experience all airlines I have flown with leaving from Australia keep the stub and return back the larger portion. I thought this was a down under practice which is perhaps spreading. Were you on the 419 segment which originated CHC-SYD-BKK ?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Was on the one that originates in HKG
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:51 am

Was thinking for multi sector flights each station retains a different portion. i.e. in HKG they return the small stub and in BKK they return the large portion to differentiate the transit and local passengers but if i recall HKG-DXB pax must stay onboard so guess not.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:10 am
Original Poster

redacted redacted

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jun 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:24 am

This is normal.... Now departing LHR... The airport doesnt keep any part of the boarding pass.... You are left with bothe the large and small piece still intact....

I guess different airports do different things... And as long as you get on the plane and have your seat, we shouldnt be too worried!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by twmdubai
This is normal.... Now departing LHR... The airport doesnt keep any part of the boarding pass.... You are left with bothe the large and small piece still intact....

I guess different airports do different things... And as long as you get on the plane and have your seat, we shouldnt be too worried!
Yes, I came from LHR on Friday and at the gate they didnt even check my name off (or run the BP through the machine they usually do), just looked at the BP and waved me through onto the plane. I am not sure how they trace missing passengers with this procedure?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:45 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by freakstar
Yes, I came from LHR on Friday and at the gate they didnt even check my name off (or run the BP through the machine they usually do), just looked at the BP and waved me through onto the plane. I am not sure how they trace missing passengers with this procedure?
Same here out of LHR, have both parts of the BP. I guess with everything being electronic and barcodes being scanned, it doesn't really require keeping hard copies.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I was on the inbound (the broken airplane, at least I think), HKG-->BKK. We kept the smaller portion of the boarding pass for that leg. This was EK385 on 11SEPT.

I continued BKK-->DXB on EK375 on 13SEPT, and, indeed, we kept the larger portion of the boarding pass for that leg. Same as the OP.

It seems that it depends on the airport, although I heard a rumor a while back that soon passengers would keep the larger section. After all, that's the only portion with GOLD written on it.

(The broken aircraft had no potable water dispensers, the captain told us a valve was stuck somewhere and everyone had to deplane to get it unstuck. Glad I was headed to the hotel.)
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:07 am
Original Poster

redacted redacted

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jun 5, 2011 at 12:58 pm
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:03 pm

Confirmed. This is the practice in BKK.
They keep a smaller part. You keep the bigger part.
Interesting.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: EK G, BD G, CO G, FB G, LH SEN, IHG Plat Amb, Shangri-La Jade
..and for those interested, it doesn't seem to be specific to EK. Flew both EK and BA out of LHR over the past couple of weeks and kept the whole boarding pass with both.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Most flights with LH, they scan the BP at the gate and give the whole portion to you ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.