Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guests in Emirates Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
And not only is your BP scanned, but Emirates management scans this forum, and similar forums too. They've seen all the tricks over the years.

Nice try though ......
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
can you bring one guest, leave alone maybe 10 min later and bring another one? of course that will only work if the lounge dragon is different.
Well, what if you walk out and enter another lounge and tell them that you can't find your BP and get another BP issued and then guest someone in...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Well, what if you walk out and enter another lounge and tell them that you can't find your BP and get another BP issued and then guest someone in...
Not sure how their system works, but would expect that on entry they would scan your BP, along with that of the guest, and "link" them as your guest.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:11 am

Are regular flyers (and hopefully decent people in their normal lives) SO desperate to get someone into an airline lounge that they will stoop to such con tricks .......

Oh dear
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Are regular flyers (and hopefully decent people in their normal lives) SO desperate to get someone into an airline lounge that they will stoop to such con tricks .......

Oh dear
Good question. I am sure that is not the case. But aren't forums the places to let your imagination fly .

How about this - Enter the J lounge opposite/ upstairs (or for that matter any F lounge in a different concourse) with your first guest and leave him there. Then take your other guest and enter the F lounge and tell the dragon that you entered the J lounge by mistake and they sent you and the guest (the second one) over to the F lounge...And if you are worried about the marking at the back of the BP, just make the same sign at the back of the second guest's BP (or leave blank) as the dragon might do at the back of the first guest's BP
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:31 pm

can you bring one guest, leave alone maybe 10 min later and bring another one? of course that will only work if the lounge dragon is different.
BTW, just in case your other two guests are your wife and child - they typically allow them both in the F lounge and I am sure they will do the same in the J lounge as well...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

Yep, I guess if you put your mind to it (and are happy to lie through your teeth) then there's no end to the sort of tricks to be tried !

My experience of Emirates Lounges (ie those directly under their control) is that they are - for the most part - relatively uncrowded and well-managed. But that's not always the case with third party/shared lounges - as per my own experience, and that of many other travellers/posters.

Next time you have difficulty finding a seat in some lounge or other around the world, you might want to ask yourself whether any of the 'guests' perhaps have no genuine entitlement to be there ? And then also ask yourself how you would feel if that became a regular pattern in Emirates lounges too, such that they would slowly but surely begin to lose some of their much-valued benefit.

Just a thought .......
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:10 pm

Yep, I guess if you put your mind to it (and are happy to lie through your teeth) then there's no end to the sort of tricks to be tried !

My experience of Emirates Lounges (ie those directly under their control) is that they are - for the most part - relatively uncrowded and well-managed. But that's not always the case with third party/shared lounges - as per my own experience, and that of many other travellers/posters.

Next time you have difficulty finding a seat in some lounge or other around the world, you might want to ask yourself whether any of the 'guests' perhaps have no genuine entitlement to be there ? And then also ask yourself how you would feel if that became a regular pattern in Emirates lounges too, such that they would slowly but surely begin to lose some of their much-valued benefit.

Just a thought .......
Don't take it personally, but this is just a forum for sharing thoughts not actually doing it. Your point about overcrowding is valid but 'freeloaders' aren't the cause of it.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:22 pm

Okay, if they're just 'thoughts' then fair enough, no harm done in just thinking out loud I guess ......

In any event, if I DID have a clever solution to bypass the system AND I was minded to put it to use ........then I sure wouldn't post it here - simply because EK management drop by to read the forum too. They wouldn't be slow in closing the loopholes .......
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Okay, if they're just 'thoughts' then fair enough, no harm done in just thinking out loud I guess ......

In any event, if I DID have a clever solution to bypass the system AND I was minded to put it to use ........then I sure wouldn't post it here - simply because EK management drop by to read the forum too. They wouldn't be slow in closing the loopholes .......
Does it involve having access to a printer?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:40 pm

How did you guess .....??

Just a bit more work needed to get the right font, but think I'm almost there.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:06 pm

Contrary to some expectations, most lounge receptionists I have spoken to at relatively low traffic lounges like the DXB F lounges or outstations actually remember the faces (if not the names) of their recent arrivals and if they have already brought a guest And yes, which pax have logged into which lounge at what time by which receptionist is also recorded, as how will EK management know who to send warning letters to in case a pax misses their flight whilst officially being "in a lounge"...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Contrary to some expectations, most lounge receptionists I have spoken to at relatively low traffic lounges like the DXB F lounges or outstations actually remember the faces (if not the names) of their recent arrivals and if they have already brought a guest And yes, which pax have logged into which lounge at what time by which receptionist is also recorded, as how will EK management know who to send warning letters to in case a pax misses their flight whilst officially being "in a lounge"...
That's nonsense. EK does not have a clue on who is still inside. They only log pax going in but there is no exit check. (In fact ,I cant think of any lounge which does an exit check)Unless they have put some miniature tracking device into the boarding pass.

I agree that there should be a check on who is inside and who is outside (for fire regs etc).

Also there are several entrances to lounges.(J lounge in B concourse has at least 3 AFAIK). They do have another layer of dragons doing a secondary check of the BP's at some entrances (if you look dodgy)

I have to admit that its easier for the dragons at outstations to keep track as the pax volumes are lower and there are usually a couple of hours between each EK flight.I have seen them do a manual sweep of the lounge and ask pax which flight they are on so that they can ensure that they are not missing their flight.This is obviously impossible at DXB.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jun 23, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:41 pm

Yes I was just wondering, don't worry guys, I always fly alone for business. But I guess the scanning of the BP will also register the guest.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Yes I was just wondering, don't worry guys, I always fly alone for business. But I guess the scanning of the BP will also register the guest.
Correct. But only in that particular lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.