Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Miles accelarator bonus : Only eligible in month of ticketing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles accelarator bonus : Only eligible in month of ticketing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
A basic query

Just a simple query and apologies if its covered already..

If we opt in for the miles accelerator once for a particulator sector, is it applicable for all miles accelerator promos for the month ? Am asking this since for other sectors, it already show the opt in checkbox as checked ?

I recd an email confirmation for my opt in .. I guess that's sufficient since I see many folks having problems in getting miles credited..
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Just a simple query and apologies if its covered already..

If we opt in for the miles accelerator once for a particulator sector, is it applicable for all miles accelerator promos for the month ? Am asking this since for other sectors, it already show the opt in checkbox as checked ?

I recd an email confirmation for my opt in .. I guess that's sufficient since I see many folks having problems in getting miles credited..
Yes, it would be crazy for them to expect you to opt in for every segment you were going to fly!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Yes, it would be crazy for them to expect you to opt in for every segment you were going to fly!
thanks .. good to know.

it would be more crazy from the pax's view but then would give EK a chance to wriggle out of crediting those miles and hence asked
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:54 am

The whole idea of mileage accelerator is crazy. I find this a pretty stupid way for awarding bonus miles.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
I honestly find it weird to advertise the bonus miles for particular segments at the time when booking on emirates.com but then to require the customer to actually log into skywards.com (I am sure a high percentage actually never has logged into the homepage) and to tick the box every month (I do!) in order to actually get the miles (which were "promised" at the time of booking)
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
The whole idea of mileage accelerator is crazy. I find this a pretty stupid way for awarding bonus miles.
+1..
I guess they advertise it but then are sure that not all folks will be opting in after logging in thru the skywards site and hence many may lose out ..But this will have an adverse effect in the long run as evident from many posts..
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by GigoloArt
I honestly find it weird to advertise the bonus miles for particular segments at the time when booking on emirates.com but then to require the customer to actually log into skywards.com (I am sure a high percentage actually never has logged into the homepage) and to tick the box every month (I do!) in order to actually get the miles (which were "promised" at the time of booking)
This is simply not true. If you book on-line at EK.com and are logged in at the time of booking (entered your Skywards number when prompted) there is no need to tick other boxes as you have described.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:02 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by ft101
This is simply not true. If you book on-line at EK.com and are logged in at the time of booking (entered your Skywards number when prompted) there is no need to tick other boxes as you have described.
Ok, thats quite good news then. So you say as long as you are logged in as a Skywards member at the time of booking, you get the bonus miles?

What if you are not logged in? Then you forego them even if you enter the Skywards membership number afterwards?

I just want to ensure that the customer experience here is right so that in any case, the customer is getting the promised bonus miles.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:57 am

Ok, thats quite good news then. So you say as long as you are logged in as a Skywards member at the time of booking, you get the bonus miles?
That was certainly my experience from a flight earlier this month.

What if you are not logged in? Then you forego them even if you enter the Skywards membership number afterwards?
I've no experience of this but I'm not sure I would trust them and would be checking the extra boxes required just in case.
Old May 1, 2011, 4:09 am

They're now apparently sending a confirmation email when you opt in for miles accelerator
Old May 4, 2011, 1:04 am

Just to be sure

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The mileage accelerator always applies in the month that is ticketed.
The point of it is to encourage you to buy a ticket because more miles are offered--not to have you guess and hope you get the flight that may be offered bonus points at some point before the departure.
It is a bit complicated but not overly so. There is no need to keep checking to see if it will be offered on your flights after you ticket it as it ONLY applies in the month of ticketing.
I am posting this just to be sure..
So, I ticket an itinerary in April for a trip in May and the accelerator shows 1000 miles for a sector.. In may , the same sector shows 3000 miles ..
So, this means unless I make some changes to the booking in May ( and pay associated change fees etc), I will only get 1000 miles and not 3000 ?
Old May 4, 2011, 1:20 am

I am posting this just to be sure..
So, I ticket an itinerary in April for a trip in May and the accelerator shows 1000 miles for a sector.. In may , the same sector shows 3000 miles ..
So, this means unless I make some changes to the booking in May ( and pay associated change fees etc), I will only get 1000 miles and not 3000 ?
Yes
Old May 4, 2011, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by ung1
They're now apparently sending a confirmation email when you opt in for miles accelerator
hmmm..
I registered for this month offers couple of days back and while it showed that an email has been sent to me as confirmation, I didnt receive the same..Though when I check online in my skywards ac, it shows that I have registered , so things seem ok..
Old May 4, 2011, 5:11 am

hmmm..
I registered for this month offers couple of days back and while it showed that an email has been sent to me as confirmation, I didnt receive the same..Though when I check online in my skywards ac, it shows that I have registered , so things seem ok..
That's why I wrote 'apparently'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.