Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

is it possible to get a last minute deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:30 am
Original Poster

I have 12 days off work starting from this weekend and looking at the prices on all airlines going to asia, the price's are well out of my budget. (£600 budget)
Is it possible to get a last minute deal on any seats from any of the web sites?

I do have a back up plan. bulgaria for a week with a charter flight for 7 days.

Also, anyone know if there are sites that you can bid for a last minute flight

Malc
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
We had a lengthy discussion on this in a thread started by you a month ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...in-offers.html
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by malct
Also, anyone know if there are sites that you can bid for a last minute flight
Bidding for Flights

Priceline.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:51 am
Original Poster

it can be so frustrating looking at every web site every day trying to get a deal.
Biggest shock was Oman air, 3 months ago you could get a flight to thailand for less than £400 return, For july, its well over £1000.

I keep checking Thai air, The price is coming down to £650 and on some dates irs under £550, But its finding the offers.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by malct
it can be so frustrating looking at every web site every day trying to get a deal.
Biggest shock was Oman air, 3 months ago you could get a flight to thailand for less than £400 return, For july, its well over £1000.

I keep checking Thai air, The price is coming down to £650 and on some dates irs under £550, But its finding the offers.
Are you looking specifically for deals on Emirates, or on any other airline? If it's on any airline, that too from the UK to Thailand, this should be on travelbuzz or budget travel forum - I'm not sure the Skywards forum is the most appropriate for it and you're likely to get fewer useful responses.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

I prefer emirates, But willing to try another airline.

Will check out the other forums.

Malc
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: DL, VS, BA; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver; Accor Silver
About 18 months ago I got one of those crazy fares on EK. I flew LHR-DXB-PVG return and had to book at fairly short notice, 2 weeks before flying, in the middle of the summer. I was shocked when the EK website quoted me £350 incl. taxes. Amazing price. Not sure if it would happen today, but I have noticed they still do rock bottom prices on a lot of destinations in the ME and Gulf from the UK, even at short notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.