Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

London To Kuala Lumpur On Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London To Kuala Lumpur On Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Question London To Kuala Lumpur On Business Class

I've looked at Emerates (£1800) which seem good but have heard some horror stories about the stopover in Dubai and the cabin crew service on some flights!

Ive read the the showers in the Dubai lounge are rubbish and its always really crowded.
Also Im worried about getting an old aircraft that dont have the new business seats.
How many hours should I leave for the transfer in Dubai?
Is there a lounge at KUL?

Can anyone offer some advice?

Many thanks

Last edited by GodAtum; Jun 17, 2010 at 6:55 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:32 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Unfortunately KUL is not served by the new 77W layout with the new lie-flat beds in J. The 77W has the "Deeply reclining comfort seats in Business Class".

Yes there is an Emirates lounge in KUL but no Chauffeur service
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Are these the old seats?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ness_Class.jpg
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:14 am

Yes, although they have some minor changes to the armrests (wood effect)
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Ive read the the showers in the Dubai lounge are rubbish and its always really crowded.
100% true very very crowded especially during peak hours
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum
I think the seats on the pic are the so-called "sleeperettes", the worst of them all. When I was flying to KUL recently, I had the "deeply reclining" version (which I think are a little more comfortable and look much more modern).
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I think the seats on the pic are the so-called "sleeperettes", the worst of them all. When I was flying to KUL recently, I had the "deeply reclining" version (which I think are a little more comfortable and look much more modern).
I thought the ones on the 330 were the sleeperettes? These look way more comfortable than the 330 seats, which are on an overnighter.

As for the OP's questions...I found the seats on the 77W (older style) perfectly comfortable to be honest.

The lounge in DXB does get horribly busy at peak times, very empty at other times - not sure if you can pick your arrival times in DXB but there are certainly periods to avoid if you can. Showers are ok in there and selection of food / drink decent. ALso, remember that the seats on the UK - DXB - UK will have new business seats depending on where you are leaving from. From LHR you get the 380, which is great.

As for KUL, yes there is a lounge but not sure if its an Emirates lounge or a shared one.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Qatar Silver, KLM Silver,BA, MAS Enrich
I do (as does my partner) this route on a regular basis and to be honest the last 5 flights from Dubai, the plane has changed every time.

Just last week checked at home and double checked at the desk in the lounge as to which plane was being used ( time of booking again a refurb 777, 3-class) got on and ...an old, very old 777. Not happy spoke to the chief purser, who said they are really fed up of business class passengers complaining about this, but Emirates are just not listening.

There is an Emirates lounge in KL, its of the older style but fine. Staff, like the rest of Emirates have gone down hill and really are disinterested to say the least, sometimes its play find the hidden staff in the kitchen. However the shower facilities are good and always clean and you don't have to wait. But you will have to hunt for the few power points if you want to use a laptop.

Dubai lounge, well hate the place with a passion every since it opened and prefer the old one (which you can use). Again they have sectioned parts off for refurbishment!!!. I had to stand in a 'q' for 10 mins not only to go to the toilet, but to use a grubby shower with only a trickle of water.

I'm really fed up to the back teeth with Emirates changing planes not only from Dubai but from other airports, and of course my seat along with it and the total sometimes inept attitude of cabin staff, who at times I could quite happily slap some customer service sense into them!!

Ok rant over, not for much longer by the end of the year I will have a choice of other airlines to choose from as I'm moving, so don't have to put up with this anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.