Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Q: How does EK deal with tickets of trips cancelled due to Ash cloud?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

Quick question: during the Ash cloud days, one of my EK flights was cancelled. The ticket I hold is a ticket with a validity of 6 months, close to expiry now.

What are the terms and conditions for the usage of this ticket now? Does EK extend the validity for everybody affected by the Ash cloud events? Will they charge a change fee?

I know that LH extended the validity of tickets for all cancelled flights till year end, first rebooking free.

Help appreciated!

Best,

Calflyer
Old May 26, 2010, 2:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I don't know the answer, but I'd suggest you give them a call ASAP explaining the situation. I'd like to think they'd be willing to help you out.

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 26, 2010, 8:10 am
Original Poster

I will for sure call them.

Before doing so, just wanted to make sure what the policy is - it is always easier to have an informed discussion with EK if you know the correct answer ahead of the call ... ;-)
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Haven't called EK yet but will need to do so soon.

Anybody with any experience? I assume I was not the only one planning toi travel to Europe during "the Ash days".

Would be great to know what to expect before calling them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.