Wiki Posts
Search

Place we can have a wee sleep

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue
What class and how to get a stay?

Hello fellas,

i'm travelling from bhx to lhe and seemingly i have a flight that lands at dxb on 0720 while the only possible next flight that leaves for lhe is 22:00 so i should be getting a stay by emirates?
however, their call centre tells me that i'm not booked on the Class valid for a stay...how can i check what class my ticket is? (fare class)

also, if i'd want to sleep...can i buy a business lounge access or if not how much is the cheapest hotel stay?

Many thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:54 am

cyrus994 - from what you say you would appear to qualify however no departures from BHX are on the qualifying list here:
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/p...stopovers.aspx

The link also says you must call to find out what classes are eligible. You can tell what class your in from your eticket. The Fare Calculation will start something like this:
BHX EK X/DXB EK LHE269.35BKE1YGB2
The "B" in bold here is the fare class for the outbound trip.

There are a few posts on lounges etc for stopovers if you dig about here (look at some of my previous posts and you should find one). If you can't find it then repost and I'll try and track it down.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
According to the EK UAE website, long stopovers in N, M, E, W, Y classes are eligible for the hotel accommodation.

Also, I believe the shortest available connection from any flight must be over 8 hours, so if there is another flight from BHX (which there is) that has a shorter connection time, you would not be eligible for the offer.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue
"If the connection time until the first available flight is more than 8 hours and less than 24 hours."

was it turns out my flying class is Q but my itinerary, which was the best suited itinerary i could find was EK038 bhx to dxb (lands dxb at 0720) and the next flight from DXB to LHE EK 622 takes off at 2200 hrs DXB time...this is what i was banking on for getting at least lounge access or something...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.