Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat belts at all times

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
I've been in the galley when a ship hits a heavy sea. But I still wonder what its like to work the bar in a jumbo jet when the clear air turbulence hits. Hope there's nothing sharp lying around.
Given the rarity with which it hits airlines are clearly willing to take the risk and so am i to be honest. I can't imagine anything worse than sitting for 12 hours unable to move anywhere.

btw - off topic but you probably want to change your signature to boycott Transocean. Guess that doesn't sound as good though.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:08 am

Why? Did you feel the same way about ValueJet when they blamed a contractor? I'm tired of this duck and run tactic. How about the company that made the drilling rig? Oddly enough, BP doesn't deny its responsibilty to clean it up. Why are you so eager to deny it in their stead?
Old May 4, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
Why? Did you feel the same way about ValueJet when they blamed a contractor? I'm tired of this duck and run tactic. How about the company that made the drilling rig? Oddly enough, BP doesn't deny its responsibilty to clean it up. Why are you so eager to deny it in their stead?
Did the contractor own Valujets plane? Doubt it.

This is my last word as its so far off topic....actually the rig is Transoceans, equipments Transocean and most of the strff as I understand it are Transocean and other contractors. Its BP's development which is why they are paying for the clean up but trust me, Transocean are in trouble as they are paid to contract. Advantage in media for them is no one has heard of them outwith oil circles so the headlines aren't as good.

BP will be recouping costs from Transocean, no question and have stated as such.
Old May 4, 2010, 5:14 pm

Everybody from Halliburton to BP is being sued. You'll be relieved to know nobody gets off the hook on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.