Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Jerusalem Early Luggage Checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

does LY still offer early checkin/luggage drop in Jerusalem?

My wife/daughter are in C on awAArd tix this summer, TLV-CDG, and the flight time was changed (1900 to 1740). That could mean that my wife has to miss most of a meeting that afternoon in J'lem, and she's looking for ways to cut the flight arrival as close as possible...

Any other suggestions? What's the latest that they should plan on arriving TLV (US passports, multiple Israel visits, no "background" issues, etc.)?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by CO FF
does LY still offer early checkin/luggage drop in Jerusalem?

My wife/daughter are in C on awAArd tix this summer, TLV-CDG, and the flight time was changed (1900 to 1740). That could mean that my wife has to miss most of a meeting that afternoon in J'lem, and she's looking for ways to cut the flight arrival as close as possible...

Any other suggestions? What's the latest that they should plan on arriving TLV (US passports, multiple Israel visits, no "background" issues, etc.)?
You can use the ELAL home check in, which includes your luggage picked up from your home and receiving your boarding cards at home, you can then arrive at the airport and proceed straight to passport control
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ELAL
You can use the ELAL home check in, which includes your luggage picked up from your home and receiving your boarding cards at home, you can then arrive at the airport and proceed straight to passport control
ElAl's webpage for this - http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...rlyCheckIn.htm - says Israeli passport only.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: LY Matmid - CO, AA , Starwood, Amex
Originally Posted by CO FF
ElAl's webpage for this - http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...rlyCheckIn.htm - says Israeli passport only.
I did it with a US Passport
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by Tagent
I did it with a US Passport
+1, Twice! Excellent Service!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

For those who have used this before:

1) How reliable is the service about actually being at your hotel when scheduled?

2) For a 1740 flight, in Business, when should they plan to arrive @ TLV?

thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.