Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

El Al to double weekly Tel Aviv-Cairo flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb El Al to double weekly Tel Aviv-Cairo flights

El Al said that beginning May 2, it will fly four flights a week to the Egyptian capital instead of two.
I was surprised to see this being that El Al wanted to ditch the route entirely in the past.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:21 am

JERUSALEM, March 11 (Reuters) - Israeli flag carrier El Al (ELAL.TA) said on Wednesday it was doubling the number of weekly flights between Tel Aviv and Cairo due to strong demand from tourists.
I was sure someone got confused here, as April fools day is in 3 weeks time ... but after I looked here (in Hebrew), it says the tourists are actually foreign pilgrim groups that want to add Cairo and Egypt to their trips to the holy land.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by apirchik
I was sure someone got confused here, as April fools day is in 3 weeks time ... but after I looked here (in Hebrew), it says the tourists are actually foreign pilgrim groups that want to add Cairo and Egypt to their trips to the holy land.
Could you translates into English for me, please? I couldn't speak with Herbew ancient for me. I didn't realize know LY is resume nonstop TLV-CAI once again. Is that restrictions where I could go to Egypt with Israeli stamp? Could you please explains more information for me. Thanks, Guys!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Is that restrictions where I could go to Egypt with Israeli stamp?
Could there be a scheduled weekly flight between the countries if there were restrictions to visit one with stamp from the other? If so, who would fly the route? - there are not much Egyptians visiting Israel ...

The main idea behind the Hebrew article was explained in my previous post. The TLV-CAI route was never stopped by LY although it was announced to be so it was not "resumed" either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.