Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4X-ELE Arrives

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
so anyone seen the c class and y class on the aircraft?
are they the old SQ business class seats?
is the first class SQ business class seats but not at an angle and fully flat?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
Originally Posted by ly787
so anyone seen the c class and y class on the aircraft?
are they the old SQ business class seats?
is the first class SQ business class seats but not at an angle and fully flat?
Was recently on the C class on the ELE and these are the SQ Raffles class seats (http://www.skyjetbusinesstravel.co.u...re_raffles.jpg) which are OK comparable to the new C on LY.

Took a look at the F seat - They are exactly what you can see in the first reply of this thread - However I do not think these are the SkySuites of SQ... Anyone know for sure?

Perhaps LY will "Save" this plane and put some decent F seats in it?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ysmisc
Perhaps LY will "Save" this plane and put some decent F seats in it?
The F seats on ELE are far better than the 'new' LY F seats. I sincerely hope they don't 'save' them ...
Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
The F seats on ELE are far better than the 'new' LY F seats. I sincerely hope they don't 'save' them ...
Oops I was probably very tired when I wrote "Perhaps LY will "Save" this plane and put some decent F seats in it? "
This is not what I meant at all :-(

I meant
Keep the CURRENT F seats on ELE and please replace the "new" F seats on the other planes.
I think that the new F seats are inferior and do not see why LY need to put such an inferior product on a new product.
See examples of LX, CX and SQ for great new and old F products.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Just flew ELE in C class.

The seats are the best in El Al's fleet. Period. Better than the new 772's and even better than the 767 C seats - since they are wider.

Any chance LY will keep ELE's seats just the way they are?

I found 2 annoying aspects of ELE:
1) only 1 restroom on the upper deck. Something tells me that the one just behind the outer cockpit door used to service the C pax on SQ (making 2 on the upper deck) but LY put a door there to keep it private for LY's spoiled pilots.
2) The IFE has lots of channels but behaves a bit wierd. Its not VOD (you can't pause and rewind/ff) yet when you browse channels and then return to a previously viewed channel, it starts back about 3 minutes prior to where you left the channel. Is that a feature or a bug?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
Just flew ELE in C class.

The seats are the best in El Al's fleet. Period. Better than the new 772's and even better than the 767 C seats - since they are wider.

Any chance LY will keep ELE's seats just the way they are?

We probably flew together :-) Also flew yesterday in ELE upper deck.
I was suprised also that there were no restrooms in the back of the upper deck - I was so used to it and was so tired that I tried to open the restrooms door and was surprised to see a closet.
What I did then is "hike" (Very nice to go down the stairs while in 900 kilometers per hour) to the lower deck and used the restrooms there (since the ones on the upper deck were always full).

I still think the 767 C class seats are better than the ELE and 772 seats. I always feel that I slide down the seat while sleeping because of its weird angel.

I gave up on the IFE a long time ago and just see movies on my laptop.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Does this plane have a consistent schedule? I need to fly TLV-JFK sometime in Mid-March and I'd love to check out the new Business.....Can anyone help me out with figuring out its scheduling?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Does this plane have a consistent schedule? I need to fly TLV-JFK sometime in Mid-March and I'd love to check out the new Business.....Can anyone help me out with figuring out its scheduling?
There isn't a single plane in LY fleet that has a consistent schedule ... they shuffle them around all the time.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by apirchik
There isn't a single plane in LY fleet that has a consistent schedule ... they shuffle them around all the time.
But how do I differentiate between the different 747's on the schedule? They all say 747-400.....
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:09 am

1) only 1 restroom on the upper deck. Something tells me that the one just behind the outer cockpit door used to service the C pax on SQ (making 2 on the upper deck) but LY put a door there to keep it private for LY's spoiled pilots.
It isn't just for the comfort of the pilots but it is also for the safety of the pilots to provide them with a sterile area as they leave the cockpit to go to the bathroom. Please remember that it is for your safety and security when flying with us.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91
But how do I differentiate between the different 747's on the schedule? They all say 747-400.....
you can't find ELE in the schedule. The plane has a different seat arrangement and this is how it can be found, but only a few days before the flight.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LY Insider
It isn't just for the comfort of the pilots but it is also for the safety of the pilots to provide them with a sterile area as they leave the cockpit to go to the bathroom. Please remember that it is for your safety and security when flying with us.
I can accept that answer. But you have to admit that notwithstanding, El Al pilots ARE very spoiled. One thing that REALLY angers many PL's is that "dead-heads" (off-duty pilots) get business seats ahead of PL's waiting for the upgrades.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apirchik
you can't find ELE in the schedule. The plane has a different seat arrangement and this is how it can be found, but only a few days before the flight.
The only way to tell if its ELE if there is a row 80 showing on the upper deck in biz.

BTW - I noticed a new biz seatmap on the 744 in March 2009 (on an arbitrary flight I picked) that showed no middle (DFG) seats in row 13. I am betting this is the new config with the "new seats". Must be the first bird to get it. I have noticed a 744 in the big TLV hangar over the last few weeks. Maybe that's the one.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:28 pm

I can accept that answer. But you have to admit that notwithstanding, El Al pilots ARE very spoiled. One thing that REALLY angers many PL's is that "dead-heads" (off-duty pilots) get business seats ahead of PL's waiting for the upgrades.
I understand your frustrations. Many paying clients and travel agents hate that row 11HK will be blocked until the last minute for pilots but there is nothing that we can really do about that as my colleagues and I strive to be customer oriented in all aspects but the pilot's union is very strong and we would be crippled without them. It was hard enough when we had to renegotiate the hotels that the crews used on layovers, this is something that wont change in the coming future.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Reliability

Yesterday I returned to TLV from LHR on 4X-ELE. We were delayed for 7 hours while they fixed a problem with the brakes. A month ago, on the second scheduled EL AL round trip for this aircraft (the day beforehand it flew to CDG) we were delayed for 4 holurs at TLV whilst another fault was fixed. Is this particular aircraft beginning to show a higher than usual level of technical faults, or is this just bad luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.