Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV Car Rental location

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

TLV Car Rental location

Any recent reports on where does one pick up a rental car at TLV airport? Last I was there in February I had to walk to the T3 parking lot just to have a phone to call them and then wait for a shuttle to the drop-off area near terminal 1, apparently it had to do with "covid regulations".
Is this still happening or is it now possible to pick up the car from T3 as it used to be pre-covid?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
So as far as I remember, there is only ever one agency that has the cars right there at T3. I think that is Hertz currently but it changes every few years based on which agency wins the tender to be at T3. All others you take a shuttle bus to get to them.

According to IAA website, Hertz, Avis, Eldan and Budget are at T3,. While dollar and Thrifty take a shuttle bus.
https://www.iaa.gov.il/en/airports/ben-gurion/car-rental-companies/
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
So as far as I remember, there is only ever one agency that has the cars right there at T3. I think that is Hertz currently, but it changes every few years based on which agency wins the tender to be at T3. All others you take a shuttle bus to get to them.
That's for returning, pick up of all/most agencies was at T3, I usually use Hertz/Avis and pre-covid never had to take a shuttle.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
All of the rental companies besides for a couple have pick-up directly in T3.
Hertz also offers their customers a convient return service in T3 as well.
EuropeCar / Albar and others must be returned to T1, where you then take a shuttle provided by the rental agency to T3 (or T1 if your flight leaves from there)
Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:00 pm

hope this info isnt too late if it is hope it helps someone else heading over

We were there a couple of months ago and things are pretty much back to pre-Covid, meaning you go up to the 2nd floor in Term3 to check-in and then down to the lower level in the parking garage to get the car, the only company we didnt see this time on the 2nd floor was Avis

Now after you checked in you turned around went out the doors walked a short distance and then turned left to the Elevators, when we were just there those doors were Closed so you had to take the same El back down to the Arrivals level walk outside cross the road to the parking garage and get the car there (same location as pre-covid)

Hertz is still the only one where you can also Return @ T3, we prefer returning to the other Lot and take a shuttle to T3 which leaves us right outside the term doors, otherwise with Hertz you have to cross the road to T3 and take the El up to Departures, having done both we found being dropped off in front of the Departure doors alot easier

Last edited by theroz; Dec 12, 2022 at 12:53 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by theroz
hope this info isnt too late if it is hope it helps someone else heading over

We were there a couple of months ago and things are pretty much back to pre-Covid, meaning you go up to the 2nd floor in Term3 to check-in and then down to the lower level in the parking garage to get the car, the only company we didnt see this time on the 2nd floor was Avis

Now after you checked in you turned around went out the doors walked a short distance and then turned left to the Elevators, when we were just there those doors were Closed so you had to take the same El back down to the Arrivals level walk outside cross the road to the parking garage and get the car there (same location as pre-covid)

Hertz is still the only one where you can also Return @ T3, we prefer returning to the other Lot and take a shuttle to T3 which leaves us right outside the term doors, otherwise with Hertz you have to cross the road to T3 and take the El up to Departures, having done both we found being dropped off in front of the Departure doors alot easier
Just returned from TLV. Rented with Hertz. Return is a breeze and the walk is a joke. Avis counter is also on the same floor as others, but it's on the opposite side so you can't see it easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.