Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Present performance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Present performance

I only travel to TLV four to six times a year, and having been there in Nov and Feb on BA I am likely to be going for a short break next month. BA want ridiculous money and looking at LY it seems their offering is looking good again ( I last flew with them just before the pandemic).
BA have had much publicised problems recently and I was wondering how LY are coping? In particular are there many cancellations occurring or is it likely that scheduled flights are operating reasonably on time?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
LY arbitrarily cancels flights, shifts flights by half or full day at short notice. Some of sold LY flights are phantom.
The company does not succeed to maintain a working call centre or any other communication channels - there are reports of waiting times of a few hours, and calls returned weeks after an initial request to resolve an urgent issue.
Website is limited in its functionality, and most things - including resolving the cancellations - would require calling them.

I would stick with BA, which with all its problems is still on another level when handling IRROPS.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
I have flown LY multiple times this year. The only issue is the pre-check-in lines which can be mostly avoided by either travelling with hand luggage only or if you have status that will permit you to use the business line. At the destination, I didn't experience any issues either arriving or departing
I have also flown BA but not since last year. The service was excellent but unless they're operating a business line pre-check-in the lines are horrendous - like all other airlines departing TLV (unless you have hand luggage only).
In terms of the online and phone service, I completely agree with @eugnk. where I think he may be exaggerating somewhat is with regard to the statement he made about cancelled flights and flight shifting. I don't think it's as common as he says.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Thank you both, I was aware of the phone and communication issues because of FT. It is a dilemma for me as the prices are high at the moment for PE and business across all airlines. I have to consider the cost and time to get to LHR (over 3 hours). Status with both is presently silver. I am seriously considering EasyJet from BRS via CDG was the flight times are good ....Hey Ho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.