Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

How Likely am I to find 3 Matmid Economy seats for NYC to TLV 12/22/18 1/1/19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Matmid Executive Status

I just found out that my new company gives off from December 22, 2018 through New Years 2019. My wife is off the same time, and I have more than enough AMEX points to get 3 Matmid Award seats for my wife and child and am an Matmid Executive Member. The problem is that there are currently 0 Award seats available, and I need 3 Award seats. Paying the dollar-value is not feasible, as the cheapest round-trip direct flight for those days is $2,061 per ticket. How likely am I to get the 3-tickets, and how long can I wait? We want to go badly, but my wife really does not want to wait until December 20th for something to come through for 2-days later. I am signed up for expertflyer.com, but I got a message for at least 1-seat availability this morning, which showed 0 by the time I checked. I obviously will not book without getting 3-tickets (I am not chancing that a ticket will not come through for my wife and child.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:49 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Sammy87!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I would say that at that time of the year, chances are pretty slim. Not to say seat might not open up, but you need 3 seats on two different dates which are currently unavailable, so not very likely I'm afraid.

welcome to FlyerTalk, and stick around. You may learn a few thing or two...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.