Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Codeshares - new El Al strategy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

https://www.globes.co.il/en/article-...nes-1001239806

https://www.globes.co.il/en/article-...mou-1001239774

Code share agreements with LOT and Hong Kong Airlines.

(Contrary to what the articles say, i've often found that codeshare flights often have very restrictive rules about earning miles).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:52 pm

For the case of HKG,LY used to be the monopoly of the HKG TLV market,

however, when CX joins the market,it expands very quickly from Airbus 350-900 4 weekly to A350-1000 daily in the near future.

Capacity wise, CX have growth almost double in 1.5 years whereas the growth of LY is almost none.

LY tries hard to get back these customers, but those travelling with CX, I am sure the majority of the passengers won't go back to LY or RJ

Making feed in HKG with HX and QF does help ?
HX is not at the same level as CX, in terms of schedule wise and experience wise (both hard and soft products)
QF, can feed but schedule wise is fair, and destinations are limited to Australia and perhaps New Zealand
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Not really a new strategy; LY has already numerous codeshare agreements with various airlines from all three big alliances (although I can not name right now one from SkyTeam).

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Jun 7, 2018 at 12:44 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Not really a new strategy; LY has already numerous codeshare agreements wit various airlines from all three big alliances (although I can not name right now one from SkyTeam).
Sky team - Aeromexico.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by gordo6

Sky team - Aeromexico.
Thanks; I should have known that especially since I'm taking several flights with them very soon (not as a LY codeshare, god forbid )
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:35 am

How much connecting time will be needed between a codeshare flight and a flight on El Al metal? Given the time-consuming security procedures before boarding (or even checking in) an El Al flight, I would be surprised if they allow short transfers. (Unless, of course, if the security procedures will be carried out even on codeshared flights.)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by oneworld100
How much connecting time will be needed between a codeshare flight and a flight on El Al metal? Given the time-consuming security procedures before boarding (or even checking in) an El Al flight, I would be surprised if they allow short transfers. (Unless, of course, if the security procedures will be carried out even on codeshared flights.)
They allow short transfers.
Less than one hour in ZRH or VIE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.