Wiki Posts
Search

Misplaced Immigration Slip...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Misplaced Immigration Slip...

Will this cause problems for me on departure ?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Braniff
Will this cause problems for me on departure ?
no problem if you are talking about having gotten the standard tourist visa I think its a B2, the only problem you may run into is when checking into a hotel or renting a car, since that Visa is what IDs you as being a tourist and in turn means not having to pay the 18% VAT

every car rental and hotel checkin my PP and Visa slip were copied and kept by the hotel/car rental
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
How misspelled is it?
Most people will not even notice if only a letter or 2 are different.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
no problem if you are talking about having gotten the standard tourist visa I think its a B2, the only problem you may run into is when checking into a hotel or renting a car, since that Visa is what IDs you as being a tourist and in turn means not having to pay the 18% VAT

every car rental and hotel checkin my PP and Visa slip were copied and kept by the hotel/car rental

Yes, that's the visa. That's a relief. My wife has hers which will hopefully serve hotel purposes...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby
How misspelled is it?
Most people will not even notice if only a letter or 2 are different.

Misplaced = Lost...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerby
How misspelled is it?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Braniff
Misplaced = Lost...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
And just to further clarify, the slip isn't the visa, it's the proof of entry. Everything is computerized, so you'll be fine on departure.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:04 am

Yes, your wife will need to be the one who purchase anything that is eligible for a 17% ( not 18%) VAT refund. This is only from approved stores. She needs to check into hotels. If you are renting a car and both planning on driving, it will be a problem, because if a driver can't prove they are a tourist, than the rental agency is supposed to charge you VAT.

There is another area where you can have a problem. If you are planning to visit any area in PA sections ( Palestinian Authority) then you need the blue card to prove you are allowed in Israel. These areas include Bethlehem, a place frequented by tourists. It can be a problem without it.

There is a way of replacing it at the Ministry of Interior, but depending on your plans, ti may not be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.