Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Skype Security Interviews possible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering if TLV would think about offering Skype security interviews for passengers deemed Low Risk they would be directed to call the special Skype Account and provide the special access code then after the interview the passenger would then complete online checkin and the boarding pass would be marked with a code such as interview completed.

All you would do is take your bags to the checkin counter and go though passport control and security. In order for this to work all passengers wishing to use this service would need to submit all of their passport data, APIS data in advance and be cleared by the Israeli Border Protection.

Interviews would start at 72 hours in advance up until 12 hours before the flight. El AL could be a pilot in such a service.

If at anytime there is a doubt the interview would be stopped and passengers would be required to go through the additional screening. If there is suspicion upon arriving at Ben Gurion there would be additional screening. The interviewer would need to verify an identity photo and match it with your passport so you could upload your Passport photo page when you enter the website to be screened for the video interview.

There could be preliminary questions that you must answer that would pre-screen you for a video interview that you could even take when you book your ticket up until 72 hours before your flight. Each flight would have you answer these random preliminary questions. The interviewer would ask you to verify that you provided truthful answers to the questions before proceeding with the video interview. No more than 5 minutes or so to save 2 hours off your checkin time.

This could leave more resources for those deemed a security risk such as passengers who have never traveled to Israel etc.

Then you could arrive 2 hours before your flight and go right to the gate.

What are your thoughts?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
I was wondering if TLV would think about offering Skype security interviews for passengers ...
This could leave more resources for those deemed a security risk such as passengers who have never traveled to Israel etc.
If someone has never traveled to Israel how did he get to TLV?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:52 am

If you are already a "low risk" profile, the interview at the airport will not take more than one or two minutes, how does it save you 2 hours of checkin time?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
I was wondering if TLV would think about offering Skype security interviews for passengers deemed Low Risk they would be directed to call the special Skype Account and provide the special access code then after the interview the passenger would then complete online checkin and the boarding pass would be marked with a code such as interview completed.

All you would do is take your bags to the checkin counter and go though passport control and security. In order for this to work all passengers wishing to use this service would need to submit all of their passport data, APIS data in advance and be cleared by the Israeli Border Protection.

Interviews would start at 72 hours in advance up until 12 hours before the flight. El AL could be a pilot in such a service.

If at anytime there is a doubt the interview would be stopped and passengers would be required to go through the additional screening. If there is suspicion upon arriving at Ben Gurion there would be additional screening. The interviewer would need to verify an identity photo and match it with your passport so you could upload your Passport photo page when you enter the website to be screened for the video interview.

There could be preliminary questions that you must answer that would pre-screen you for a video interview that you could even take when you book your ticket up until 72 hours before your flight. Each flight would have you answer these random preliminary questions. The interviewer would ask you to verify that you provided truthful answers to the questions before proceeding with the video interview. No more than 5 minutes or so to save 2 hours off your checkin time.

Then you could arrive 2 hours before your flight and go right to the gate.

What are your thoughts?
Never gonna happen. Interview is all about behavior and that could never be properly vetted through Skype.
awayIgo likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:36 am

My opinion is this would be a huge weakness. People are nervous when they are doing something wrong. Sitting at home and skyping an interview--you are doing nothing wrong. Wrong only starts as you load your suitcase with things that shouldn't be there. etc.etc.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
The Israelis see straight through you face to face!!!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Ditto
If you are already a "low risk" profile, the interview at the airport will not take more than one or two minutes, how does it save you 2 hours of checkin time?
It saves an hour of waiting in line (until T minus 60 when you get called to the front)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by sds1493
It saves an hour of waiting in line (until T minus 60 when you get called to the front)
But OP is saying that you can then arrive 2 hours before the flight, and that it saves you 2 hours, last I checked the recommendation was to arrive 3 hours before.
I never had to wait 1hr for the initial security screening (and usually it takes me 15-20 minute tops from the terminal door to the duty free), that of course doesn't mean it cannot happen during peak times, but I suspect that if it does, other queues will also be clogged and so the recommendation will remain to arrive 3 hours before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.