Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ben Gurion Airport Concourse E

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

Airlines cannot fly over Arab countries when flying from/to TLV.
That's not a concern when flying to Africa, and hardly an issue for many Asian destinations, for example TLV-HKG is the same time it takes TK to fly from IST. (not to mention AI will now fly over Saudi)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
That's not a concern when flying to Africa, and hardly an issue for many Asian destinations, for example TLV-HKG is the same time it takes TK to fly from IST. (not to mention AI will now fly over Saudi)
Even if AI will possibly fly over Saudi Arabia, there's really no reason why anybody would fly from Europe to transfer to the AI flight. Most connections are made within the airline which has a hub in each specific airport. Thus, it's of little interest to fly LH FRA-TLV connecting to AI TLV-DEL.

So, most potential connections would only be on LY/LY, and they already have a decent lounge in TLV. There's no reason for Star Alliance to build a lounge to faciliate for connections to/from AI or ET.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:25 am

Why wouldn't you connect FRA-TLV-DEL if the timing and price is right?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:47 am

You answered that question yourself: "If the price is right." With both LH and AI flying FRA-DEL, none of those airlines have any incentive to load any special fares for a connecting flight between those airlines, which means that you either have to build an itinerary yourself by combining full-fare tickets, or buy two separate tickets, something that only Flyertalkers would ever even think of doing.

I just made a quick ITA search for FRA-DEL for two random dates in March, 6-13. The cheapest LH/AI connection which showed up on the results was a connection via HKG on the outbound and DXB on the inbound. The price is a staggering 5,842 euros in economy class. Compare that with nonstop flights on AI for 487 euros, and LH for 626 euros.

None of those airlines have any incentive to load special fares for connections via TLV, DXB, AUH, or any other Middle Eastern or European airport.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
what's the point of having the FCT?! if you're connecting you have to walk there... lounges aren't just for connections.

LY has a reason to have a nice lounge, its their home airport.

DAN is just into having *just enough* to qualify to be a real enough lounge so that other airlines and priority pass will give them whatever the reimbursement rate is. I'm sure given the actual servicing costs, and the lack of liquor, they're making a pretty penny and don't feel the need to put out a more impressive product.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
You answered that question yourself: "If the price is right." With both LH and AI flying FRA-DEL, none of those airlines have any incentive to load any special fares for a connecting flight between those airlines, which means that you either have to build an itinerary yourself by combining full-fare tickets, or buy two separate tickets, something that only Flyertalkers would ever even think of doing.

I just made a quick ITA search for FRA-DEL for two random dates in March, 6-13. The cheapest LH/AI connection which showed up on the results was a connection via HKG on the outbound and DXB on the inbound. The price is a staggering 5,842 euros in economy class. Compare that with nonstop flights on AI for 487 euros, and LH for 626 euros.

None of those airlines have any incentive to load special fares for connections via TLV, DXB, AUH, or any other Middle Eastern or European airport.

But that is exactly my question... why aren't such flights being offered with better pricing?
I'm sure there are other routes where airlines would have an incentive to do so, LY already has a code-share with swiss for example, what prevents them from code-sharing with AI and offer say ZRH-TLV-DEL tickets? or with ET to offer ZRH-TLV-ADD where no direct flight exists (all *A operated, which requires a *A lounge , just to get back on topic)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:17 am

Well, there's nothing that prevents them from offering it. The airlines can do so if they please. But when you think about it, there are probably tens of thousands of potential combinations within Star Alliance. Why spend lots of time and money loading fares for connections that "nobody" will ever make anyway, when you already have your own nonstop flights or codeshare via Star Alliance hubs?

Why should ET offer ZRH-TLV-ADD when it's much easier to offer ZRH-FRA-ADD, with a short flight on a codeshare with LH and a long flight on their own metal? ET could theoretically load fares for potential LX connections ZRH-ADD via CAI, TLV, NBO, MCT, DAR, DXB, BRU, DUB, LHR, MAD, MXP, OSL, CDG, FCO, ARN, and VIE, but why should they go to those great lengths when "everybody" would prefer a simple connection via FRA anyway? I think it's better to concentrate on making your own direct flights profitable.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Wasn't this something ELY001 wanted to institute at TLV when he planned on taking over LY?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:42 pm

It's definitely a Dan Lounge. The concourse is still blocked off this morning, but I can see the sign hung on the left side looking in from the central area.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by makin'miles
It's definitely a Dan Lounge.
Why do we need another Dan lounge when
half of the time only one is open?

Last edited by flyerby; Feb 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Is it?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by clubman
Is it?
I think most of the time both are open. There are a few hours every day when they close one of them.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Still close.

Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the photos! You did better than me

Definitely a Dan lounge But what is it with E0 counter and where is E1
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:05 am

So E1 is bus gates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.