Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL 787 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by clubman
So you prefer LY's old and dated biz product over the new one? Ouch...
So far, everyone I know has complained about the C seats being very cramped, a number even preferring the 777 ones. Haven't tried yet, but that really doesn't bode well.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
All things 787
is showing 5 deliveries in 2018 for LY, all 787-9

and further, that one is currently being assembled and another has "parts arriving" so presumably both will be delivered in the next quarter.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
So far, everyone I know has complained about the C seats being very cramped, a number even preferring the 777 ones. Haven't tried yet, but that really doesn't bode well.
Wow. No doesn't bode well at all. How narrow are they? How do they compared to the competition in that regard?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. No doesn't bode well at all. How narrow are they? How do they compared to the competition in that regard?
I haven't flown it, but the people who spoke to me aren't particularly tall or wide.

All who spoke said the old United lie-flat (from CO) and the old LY seat (before they adjusted the 777 seat to go fully flat) was much wider. "Much" is pretty bad considering this is the new seat.

One said the C is designed very much like the new UA seats but considering the cabin is narrower, you lose measurable space.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I believe only 19" wide. United's similar Polaris product is 21" wide and even Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy seat is 20".
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
Originally Posted by entropy
All things 787
is showing 5 deliveries in 2018 for LY, all 787-9

and further, that one is currently being assembled and another has "parts arriving" so presumably both will be delivered in the next quarter.
Very interesting - Thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
This just in.....LY considering a revamp to the 787 hard product

Apparently the negative feedback from premium frequent fliers has been so negative that LY has set revamp meetings with Recaro and Boeing regarding a revamp for the 787 cabin, specifically the business class seats and the coach layout. The 2 birds in service won't be touched for now and neither will the 2 scheduled for delivery shortly as they don't want to delay them. But there is a better than decent chance that the business seat and cabin on the balance of the 12 aircraft will be different than what we see right now.
Glad they are - apparently - doing something about this....but leave it to LY to screw up a brand new product.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hoping that means a better layout in C but really hoping for 2-4-2 in Y. Hey, I can dream, right?!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:40 am

hoping that means they will do something about the bathroom situation too. It's not just the narrow aisles and seat configurations.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
- I sat in Premium Economy. Its pretty much comparable to what the American carriers call F on their domestic routes. Seat is wider. Reclines a bit farther. There is a leg rest but it doesn't really do the trick. The meal service is a notch below what LY do in 777 C (menu, non-paper dishes, choice of 3 entrees, wine selection). With all that was unimpressed that the wine they did serve was poured into plastic cups - of all the places to go cheap. The FA attention was similar to economy (nobody home) as opposed to business (jump at every beck and call). Good blanket (same as the 777 C blanket from Hollandia).
I have seen many reviews of business class but very few of the Premium Economy class.
For example, this site lists the widths of the top 10 Premium Economy seats as well as legroom:
https://www.luxurytraveldiary.com/20...irlines-world/
Elal has hidden the width of the seat and only indicates legroom (38") and 7" recline:
https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersIn...m-Economy.aspx

What is the width of the seat? 19"? 21" or less?
Any other reviews of Premium Economy?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Source: https://twitter.com/mattcawby

Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:45 am

A quick glance at the picture and it looked like the fuselage said US Air Force and the rear ( I think its called a stabilizer) had a large Israeli flag on it!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:36 am
Suspended

Source: https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris

Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Interesting that only the tail is painted.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Interesting that only the tail is painted.
@Innocent Abroad

Not really

1. check out the Boeing - Paine Airport Twitter photos. You'll see an AC and QF aircraft with tail-only paint

https://twitter.com/mattcawby?lang=en

2. I posted this video upthread back in August. You can see how the tail on this LY aircraft is painted ahead of assembly.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28723994-post136.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.