Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nearest Airport hotel to TLV

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:44 am
Original Poster

nearest Airport hotel to TLV

I think I know the answer to this, but just in case.

Is there a reasonable airport hotel close to TLV? I have never seen one and almost nobody really transits TLV, but I do have a use for one. Likely to arrive on the late BA flight around 1am and want take a morning flight to Eliat. By the time I get into Tel Aviv proper to stay with friends or at a central hotel it will be time to head back to Ben Gurion. A hotel right near the airport would be very useful.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
I think it is Avia hotel, but hopefully others will be able to confirm this.

However, based on my experience it is much better to fly domestically from SDV - the TLV flights are much less reliable, as both IZ and 6H prioritise international flights at TLV, so the ETH flights are the first to be delayed. Overall, the whole departure and arrival process in SDV is much shorter and more convenient, and I would suggest going to TLV upon arrival, then flying from SDV (it is acceptable to arrive 1 hour before the flight - and even 45 minutes).
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bonzo
I think I know the answer to this, but just in case.

Is there a reasonable airport hotel close to TLV?
No airport hotel (yet; I believe one is being built). The most convenient would probably be Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, no more than 20 minutes by taxi from the airport, and easily accessible by train, too (not at 1am, though).

Shuly
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shuly
No airport hotel (yet; I believe one is being built). The most convenient would probably be Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, no more than 20 minutes by taxi from the airport, and easily accessible by train, too (not at 1am, though).

Shuly
Actually if convenience is the issue then I find either The Leonardo in Ramat Gan or The Indigo in Ramat Gan 3 KMs further North to be alot more convenient if a person will have a car and probably cheaper as well

Back in May I KOed the CP for the Indigo
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

There is a small hotel slightly closer to the airport

http://www.atlas.co.il/sadot-hotel-tel-aviv/

they also offer free 1 way transfer to/from airport + early morning breakfast box. Gets pretty good reviews.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by 2035

they also offer free 1 way transfer to/from airport + early morning breakfast box. Gets pretty good reviews.
The only downside with that hotel is that it's in the middle of nowhere, next to a hospital and large army base.

At least you can go out and do things at the CP/Indigo/Leonardo
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 2035

I stayed there a couple of years ago. Convenient, comfortable, and clean. The staff is helpful and very pleasant. I'd stay there again.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
The only downside with that hotel is that it's in the middle of nowhere, next to a hospital and large army base.

At least you can go out and do things at the CP/Indigo/Leonardo
Which is nor really a concern if you land at 1AM and have an early morning flight out
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
If you take a very early flight to Eilat tjen you will hardly have time in any hotel.
I suggest going to a hotel in Tel Avic and taking a noon flight from SDV.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by craz
Actually if convenience is the issue then I find either The Leonardo in Ramat Gan or The Indigo in Ramat Gan 3 KMs further North to be alot more convenient if a person will have a car and probably cheaper as well

Back in May I KOed the CP for the Indigo
Both hotels are in the diamond district in Ramat Gan adjacent to the Savidor train station in Tel Aviv. There is a direct exit to Ramat Gan from the station. The Leonardo is about a five minute walk and the Indigo about 10-15.

In fact you would get off at Savidor for the Crown Plaza also
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by badatz
Both hotels are in the diamond district in Ramat Gan adjacent to the Savidor train station in Tel Aviv. There is a direct exit to Ramat Gan from the station. The Leonardo is about a five minute walk and the Indigo about 10-15.

In fact you would get off at Savidor for the Crown Plaza also
Is there a Crowne Plaza in Ramat Gan? The only one I know about is the one in Azrieli in Tel Aviv which would be Tel Aviv HaShalom
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies everyone much appreciated. However, after much investigation I decided to take the weekly direct Monarch to Ovda and arrive at the conference 1.5 hours after the start. Its not ideal, but so much easier than all the Ben Gurion transfer options and only 125GBP including checked baggage for my date.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by bonzo
Thank you for the replies everyone much appreciated. However, after much investigation I decided to take the weekly direct Monarch to Ovda and arrive at the conference 1.5 hours after the start. Its not ideal, but so much easier than all the Ben Gurion transfer options and only 125GBP including checked baggage for my date.
Sounds like a wise decision to me. I didn't even know that Monarch flies to Ovda.

Is that 125 GBP total, or per direction?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moe8555
Sounds like a wise decision to me. I didn't even know that Monarch flies to Ovda.

Is that 125 GBP total, or per direction?
They do, weekly, on Thursday. 125 is one-way, but I will go to Tel Aviv after the conference for a few days anyway.

125 seems like a standard price except around Christmas, perhaps Pesach as well when the price skyrockets.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Is there a Crowne Plaza in Ramat Gan? The only one I know about is the one in Azrieli in Tel Aviv which would be Tel Aviv HaShalom
There are 2 Crown Plaza in Tel Aviv One on Yarkon St by the Beach which would use Savidor and the other at Azrieli which would indeed use HaShalom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.