Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex reward points and star alliance
EL AL business class

My husband and I have recently transferred Amex points into Matmid (big mistake!!) We spoke with the EL AL agents who said their planes out of Kennedy were flatbed and EWR was flat angle in business class, but they were being replaced in several months with flatbeds.
We have since found out there are no flatbeds in biz class out of EWR or Kennedy to TLV. Does anyone know if by some chance the folks on TA are incorrect or does EL Al plan to have flat beds on their planes. If we had known that, I would of used my star alliance points for UA in biz class. It seems that no one, and I mean no one is a partner with EL Al except a few airlines. This is what happens when we listen to the EL AL reps who clearly misrepresented the airline. Who in the world does not have flat beds nowadays for a 10-12 hour flight in biz.
Any info would be helpful or a way to go business and sell those points (i.e.) points guys??
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
ElAl phone agents are not very good, you won't be surprised they don't what seats are in business class.
All the flights to JFK and EWR are flat and not angled. They are still very bad.
The problem is if they change to a chartered aircraft, then you get really bad seats. It's hard to know in advance if you will get that, it depends on the situation with the dispute between Elal and the spoiled brat pilots.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Can anyone here tell me what Biz Class seats are like TLV-MXP? Are they like most airlines TLV-Europe (basically economy seats with no one in the middle) or are they true Biz Class?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Dovster
Can anyone here tell me what Biz Class seats are like TLV-MXP? Are they like most airlines TLV-Europe (basically economy seats with no one in the middle) or are they true Biz Class?
TLV-MXP biz seats on LY are LY's narrowbody C seats which is similar to domestic F in the US. 2-2 seating, so bigger seat, more legroom, and more recline than Y. Significantly better than European airlines narrowbody C, but not "true Biz" if you're comparing to Delta One or the like
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
The 737-900 are much better than the 737-800
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
The 737-900 are much better than the 737-800
What is the difference between the two? LY is showing only 737-800s for the day I am flying to MXP but I have a choice between an 800 and a 900 on the way back (although the 900 is far from the best hour for me.)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
What is the difference between the two? LY is showing only 737-800s for the day I am flying to MXP but I have a choice between an 800 and a 900 on the way back (although the 900 is far from the best hour for me.)
Frankly, if the timing is more convenient on the 800 I would go for that. The difference is really just a newer slightly better seat and cabin but I'm pretty sure the size, pitch, recline are the same.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by economyman
Frankly, if the timing is more convenient on the 800 I would go for that. The difference is really just a newer slightly better seat and cabin but I'm pretty sure the size, pitch, recline are the same.
Thank you.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by joshwex90
but not "true Biz" if you're comparing to Delta One or the like
a little OT but talking about Delta One what's it like? I've booked it for the first time for an upcoming trip TLV-JFK-MSP as I need to be in MSP Sunday morning and don't want to leave before Shabbat. Also, do you know what the breakfast is like (second meal) if I don't book an SPML?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
TLV-MXP are "domestic" business seats like they have within the US.

To the OP, El Al is an airline with an extraordinarily incompetent management. It literally boggles the mind as to how bad they are. Why doesn't LY have a competitive business class product? they think they don't need it.

Frankly, I enjoy the breakfasts and the wines they offer, but the seat sucks.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:44 pm

a little OT but talking about Delta One what's it like? I've booked it for the first time for an upcoming trip TLV-JFK-MSP as I need to be in MSP Sunday morning and don't want to leave before Shabbat. Also, do you know what the breakfast is like (second meal) if I don't book an SPML?
TLV-JFK is great. You will get a lie-flat seat and if 7A (the last seat on the left in the front Biz cabin) is available you will get additional privacy. I have never flown JFK-MSP but if it is like most Delta flights Delta One (used to be called FC) is okay but nothing to write home about.

The only problem with this seat -- and it is true for all Biz seats on the 777 is that even though you have an window seat you can't look outside. For some strange reason, Delta installed the seats in a manner as to make it impossible.

The worst part of your trip is Terminal 4. where you will be arriving. I am not saying that it is a long walk from your plane to passport control, but people have been known to leave their plane during Hannuka and to arrive at passport control on the Fourth of July.

Last edited by Dovster; Mar 10, 2016 at 11:59 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by entropy

To the OP, El Al is an airline with an extraordinarily incompetent management. It literally boggles the mind as to how bad they are.
Management can't be as bad as its website.

I looked at prices before logging in and by putting in "0" adults and "1" senior got a r/t price of $889.62. Then I logged in with my Matmid number and found it would not allow me to put in "0" adults. I did not get the senior discount and the price would have been $949,62.

I logged back out, bought the ticket at the senior price, and when I tried entering my Matmid number I was told that it does not match my name. I finally phoned and they entered my Matmid number and reserved an aisle seat for me.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:51 pm

TLV-JFK is great. You will get a lie-flat seat and if 7A (the last seat on the left in the front Biz cabin) is available you will get additional privacy.
Is there no noise pollution in 7A from the galley? I took 5A for this reason but 7A is free.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:56 pm

Is there no noise pollution in 7A from the galley? I took 5A for this reason but 7A is free.
I have never heard any galley noise. Expert Flyer calls it a "high traffic" seat but that has also not been true in my experience.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Can anyone indicate what type of BC seats are in TLV-LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.