Wiki Posts
Search

Encounter with El Al CEO

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Shkedi was seated in Business (no idea why as there were several open seats in F) but came up to the F Cabin a few times to converse with the passengers. Most of the passengers ignored him but I had a great conversation with him. I applauded the fantastic F service and meal and then told him my honest feeling about the El Al F Seat. His reply was even better; "Nobody else has First Class seats like this from New York to Tel Aviv". When I reminded him that Delta and Continental don't have F and that their Business seats are even better he just smiled again and told me that El Al was the best in the industry.
He's right that no one else has a first seat like that - most people have far better business seats, let alone first class seats. El Al has a lot more destinations than NY. Let's see what tune he's singing when open skies is in full effect here.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
It's true - he can say that when flying to NYC. Until UA starts flying a 3-cabin plane to TLV. He can say it to the USA. But what does he say when flying to LHR? Or FRA? Or MUC? Or ZRH? (I've heard, unconfirmed, that LX will begin selling F on the route.)
Old May 18, 2012, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by joshwex90
It's true - he can say that when flying to NYC. Until UA starts flying a 3-cabin plane to TLV. He can say it to the USA. But what does he say when flying to LHR? Or FRA? Or MUC? Or ZRH? (I've heard, unconfirmed, that LX will begin selling F on the route.)
Exactly, BA Club World just blasts LY completely out of the water to LHR, not to mention the one flight a day with BA first. The only time I fly El Al any more is to LAX (rarely) and to destinations in Europe which they have nonstop to, with the exception of anywhere my oneworld Emerald via BA will take me in a better way (LHR, MAD, etc etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.