Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:02 am

Not sure if this is the correct place but, is the lounge at TLV still open? Are they serving anything, I’m flying Tuesday night and that’s where I usually do dinner, please, no conjecture just fact.- thanks,
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:13 am

No, it's closed.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:05 am

Thanks!

Is anyplace selling food or is it a total zoo. And off topic, is the business check in open? (at least something...);

Last edited by awayIgo; Mar 16, 2020 at 9:07 am Reason: Fix errors
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:28 pm

Yes, biz. check-in is operating and food is sold in the duty free area.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Is LAX lounge open these days?
Elal site says no: https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersIn...L-Lounges.aspX
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
LAX lounge is closed and instead they give you a $40 duty-free voucher rather than a voucher for an alternate lounge. Bummer,
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
LAX lounge is closed and instead they give you a $40 duty-free voucher rather than a voucher for an alternate lounge. Bummer,
Worse than I expected. $40 duty free voucher to use on the airplane or $25 duty free for drinks in the terminal. Why couldn't Elal purchase access to alternate lounges at LAX?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Worse than I expected. $40 duty free voucher to use on the airplane or $25 duty free for drinks in the terminal. Why couldn't Elal purchase access to alternate lounges at LAX?
Is it because the alternative lounges are not kosher? Seems they could at least have provided an option.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Is it because the alternative lounges are not kosher? Seems they could at least have provided an option.
I have been in oodles of lounges and in the USA there are always potato chips with an OU or Diet Coke or beer or pretzels as well as many other items that are kosher. Elal just doesn't care about their premium clients so I suspect this is just another nail in the business class coffin of Elal.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I have been in oodles of lounges and in the USA there are always potato chips with an OU or Diet Coke or beer or pretzels as well as many other items that are kosher. Elal just doesn't care about their premium clients so I suspect this is just another nail in the business class coffin of Elal.
Like so many airlines they take their customers for granted. It's so short sited, at least from the UK, they have a really convenient schedule and if they were to be a little bit more competitive, not necessarily on price, at least on service, they could gain a lot of pax from BA and VS.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:51 am

The lounge in JFK is closed too. When I was there in mid January, I was told, it was permanent, They send you to a different lounge. ( in opposite direction) Agent told me 5 minute walk! Well the Virgin Club House is past A5 ( not on boarding level) By my tracker that was .6 miles— in the opposite direction! - and then back again..considering that ElAl uses gates at the far end of,the “Bl concourse, THAT is a lot of walking.

all service is waiters! Kosher they gave you : You did have a choice of mains! However, this is NOT the experience I want. The waitress was apologetic about the food!

on the plus- nice bathroom and there appeared to be showers!

hnussbacher likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 1:18 am

Amsterdam lounge closed?

Amsterdam lounge closed "due to repairs". They give 22euro food credit. Not a good move elal. Plenty of other lounges you can purchase entry. Just might cost a bit more than 22euro per person.
Old May 22, 2023, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by awayIgo

all service is waiters! Kosher they gave you : You did have a choice of mains! However, this is NOT the experience I want. The waitress was apologetic about the food!
There is no ability to get your own coke? There is no chips or nuts available w/o going via a waiter?
Old May 22, 2023, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by awayIgo
TWell the Virgin Club House is past A5 ( not on boarding level) By my tracker that was .6 miles— in the opposite direction! - and then back again..considering that ElAl uses gates at the far end of,the “Bl concourse, THAT is a lot of walking.
Based on Elal site:
Lounge Name: Virgin Clubhouse
Location: Terminal 4 - cncourse A adjacent to gate A4. 5:00am - 9:00am and 15:00 to 23:00.

LY8 departs 23:50 so basically they kick you out of the lounge at 23:00 from the lounge and even a 15 minute walk gets you at 23:15 to the gate.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Looking forward to the lounge this weekend. They alert you for your flight? I’m debating this lounge vs Priority pass. But 15 mins walk is not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.