Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Passover holidays: CDG-TLV: 921 Euros/ AMS-TLV: 488 Euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver

I was on LY website and I was shocked to see the difference in the fares for Passover holidays!

921E for CDG-TLV-CDG vs 488E for AMS-TLV-AMS!!! 734E for LHR-TLV-LHR for the same dates?
Is LY getting mad?Or are they taking French people for billionnaire?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Nothing new here really.
It's a matter of supply and demand.

Remember that you will have far more French Jews going off to Israel for Pesach then Dutch.
I'm assuming the cheaper fares on the CDG route have already been booked and you are now looking at full Y fares.
It's a similar story with LHR every year, and twice in the past few years Ive flown vie AMS for this reason.
In fact you can often get redemption seats from AMS for Pesach, while it is almost impossible from CDG or LHR.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
Nothing new here really.
It's a matter of supply and demand.

Remember that you will have far more French Jews going off to Israel for Pesach then Dutch.
I'm assuming the cheaper fares on the CDG route have already been booked and you are now looking at full Y fares.
It's a similar story with LHR every year, and twice in the past few years Ive flown vie AMS for this reason.
In fact you can often get redemption seats from AMS for Pesach, while it is almost impossible from CDG or LHR.
I guess they will add some flights to CDG for Passover though
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by LY777
I guess they will add some flights to CDG for Passover though
They probaly will like they add to London every year, but these flights are only added later, so I'd advise not to book presently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.