Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

El Al in negotiations to add two or three new partners for domestic US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Al in negotiations to add two or three new partners for domestic US?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Question El Al in negotiations to add two or three new partners for domestic US?

El Al Airlines seeks code-share with U.S. carriers (Reuters)

"We're working on developing another two or three special agreements and new relationships with domestic American carriers," Chief Executive Haim Romano told reporters at a New York press event.
I am surprised that nobody picked up on this. Who do you think these new partners will be? Who would you like to see? I think that we can rule out Delta Air Lines, Continental Airlines and US Airways. I don't see how United Air Lines is even a possibility due to their connection now to Continental. Perhaps they are going to add regional airlines or low cost carriers like Southwest?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:31 am

Wishful thinking
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
JetBlue and VX?

they don't have much to offer DL/CO/US and they don't even serve a UA hub. They already have a partnership with AA. I don't know who is left!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by entropy
JetBlue and VX?

they don't have much to offer DL/CO/US and they don't even serve a UA hub. They already have a partnership with AA. I don't know who is left!
Isn't AA enough?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Maybe will it be codeshare with UA as they have a focus city at LAX? If so,I would like to believe that UX will be part of that codeshare as they hve a wide network in the west coast...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 1:40 pm

Good evening. I would love to discuss who the carriers are but it is too early. I will just say that one of them will help us develop traffic from the west coast of the United States.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by LY Insider
Good evening. I would love to discuss who the carriers are but it is too early. I will just say that one of them will help us develop traffic from the west coast of the United States.
Make sure we are the first to know
Keep us updated
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by LY Insider
THX.
If it is so - I believe they are talking with AS and UA/UX
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by entropy
JetBlue and VX?

Let me clarify you this from LY. Because LY is no longer to be the relationship with DL. LY has already put the codeshare back to AA. This is where LY is belongs to AA. It won't be interesting with DL at all. However, LY is considering to gets more new codesharing to be with VX or B6 out of JFK & LAX focus cities. This is better way to have more convenient for LY needing to be with low-cost carriers. It's won't be necessary to joins anymore new codeshare with DL is not possible to do that.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: miles & more
Very interesting question but.......as long as Israel remains in FAA's "category 2" there will be no codesharing agreement with any US airline and El Al will not be able to open any new route to the States.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
AS would give the best coverage on the major west coast routes. And the eskimo will codeshare with just about anyone.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by 98103
AS would give the best coverage on the major west coast routes. And the eskimo will codeshare with just about anyone.
I would agree with you and it will eventually to joins codeshare partnership with AS. It will be easily catch the flight out of LAX/EWR-TLV nonstop on LY instead of going to JFK. AS does not have served into JFK for this time. It will be easy connection flight out of LAX, SEA, PDX and few others specific routes. Especially, it will be under particular consideration from LY is in negotiations for which one is best codeshare partnership in domestic USA.

I think LY is looking for better connection opportunities and if LY is expanded more new routes from TLV-SEA/PDX during thrice-weekly frequencies. If they have aircraft availability are expect to be deliverable to LY in between 2010 or 2011 timelines. It will be easy characterization. IT won't be any issue problems the weight restrictions out of TLV-SEA/PDX or need to have increasing the frequencies from TLV-LAX 4x weekly to 6x weekly. Because the loads are so successful out of LAX-TLV for everyday. There is lot of Jewish Community who live in LAX area.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
When will Elal simply join an airline alliance, and get codeshare partners that way?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
When will Elal simply join an airline alliance, and get codeshare partners that way?
They will not join an alliance in the close future because of the political situation at the middle east.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
El Al would love to join an alliance but what would an alliance find in El Al? Tel Aviv is well covered by all 3 alliances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.