Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

How is Easy Jet influencing the TLV-LON market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Easy Jet influencing the TLV-LON market?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ELAL
Clubman meant to say, they aren't the only one as BA also fly there.
Indeed I did, thank you ELAL.

I am very much aware U2 fly to BOD.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Well, he was comparing EZY to Ryanair.
How do you know that...?

If he did, why didn't he say "places Ryanair don't fly to" instead of " places no one else..."

Strange...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sds1493
I'm still waiting for a trip report comparing LY/BD/BA to U2. It may have to be me, as everyone here seems to be scared to fly them .
Be our guest...

You can't really compare them though.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by clubman
Be our guest...

You can't really compare them though.
We'll see...
Your right that they are very different, however I do think that there is some place for comparison, in the respect of how bad U2 is compared, albeit for 100 one can't complain too much.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:22 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
How do you know that...?
Because he finished his sentence by saying "I prefer them over RYANAIR"
(stop getting so upset club, give us a happy smiley)
Old Nov 15, 2009, 1:47 am

I have just checked getting a reward ticket on AF between TLV and LHR. The taxes on the ticket cost more than a ticket on EasyJet ...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by apirchik
I have just checked getting a reward ticket on AF between TLV and LHR. The taxes on the ticket cost more than a ticket on EasyJet ...
What else is new...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seaskybound
I use easyjet in europe often, especially as they fly to places no one else flies (bordeaux for example). I much perfer them over ryan air
Because he finished his sentence by saying "I prefer them over RYANAIR"
(stop getting so upset club, give us a happy smiley)
ELAL, I'm not getting upset (I keep that for things worth getting upset about...), promise.
I'm just trying to understand the logic behind your assumptions.

The OP wrote (see quote above) that U2 fly to places no one else flies to.
They did not say they fly to places no other Low Cost fly to, nor did they say places that RF don't fly to, did they?

Their comment about Ryanair at the end is beside the point, and has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, you may well be right, who knows (the OP hasnt bothered coming back to comment...) but if you are, then you both have a very strange way of thinking/expressing yourselves...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
ELAL, I'm not getting upset (I keep that for things worth getting upset about...), promise.
I'm just trying to understand the logic behind your assumptions.

The OP wrote (see quote above) that U2 fly to places no one else flies to.
They did not say they fly to places no other Low Cost fly to, nor did they say places that RF don't fly to, did they?

Their comment about Ryanair at the end is beside the point, and has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, you may well be right, who knows (the OP hasnt bothered coming back to comment...) but if you are, then you both have a very strange way of thinking/expressing yourselves...
Phew!!! Extremely glad to hear that you aren't upset!
So in that case we still stay best friends, (even if we have different ways of thinking)
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:18 pm

EasyJet is excellent.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by Bretteee
EasyJet is excellent.
Well, personal taste is, hmm, personal taste.

As an LCC EasyJet is quite good and certainly fine for 1-3 hour flights, but frankly I don't fancy the idea of cramping my style for 5-6 hours on the TLV-LTN route.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bretteee
EasyJet is excellent.
Can you please elaborate...
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
trip report

Would just like to add my thoughts about my first EasyJet flight from London yesterday.

I do think that they can and will give ElAl a run for their money with the leisure or business traveller who pays for the ticket by themselves.

The flight left on time in a clean, newish A320. It was quite a funny sight seeing people running on the tarmac (no jetways at Luton) to get on to the plane from the front and back and grab the best seat available, but everyone did get on and boarding was as smooth or smoother than most LY flights. At least 30 people paid for "Speedy Boarding" to get on first.

The seat pitch was not great but adequate for all but the tallest passengers. I managed to get a mid plane exit row which was very comfortable.

Food service consisted of a cart twice offering food and drinks including Kosher sandwiches, hot panninis and cakes from Hermolis.

The policy of only one handbag which means that a purse or laptop has to be inside the carry on and not a seperate piece, was strictly enforced as was bag size. This might not be everyones cup of tea especially with the liberal policy at LY and other carriers, but maybe this contributed to the easy boarding and the fact that everyone was able to put his stuff in the overheads without the FA's running around the place looking for room.

IFE is your iphone, laptop, or whatever .

The flight took 4 hours and 20 minutes.

All in all most people whom I talked to said that even when you factor in the bag charge, meals etc you still pay a lot less than LY or BA and that is the reason they are flying EasyJet.

It is basically a flying bus getting you from point A to point B safely, in relative comfort and at a good price. I agree

P.S. As we were taxing I saw the LY plane which was scheduled to leave 45 minutes later. I did not catch its number, but it was devoid of the star on the tail and the ELAL logo on the front. It had the stripe on the side so that was how I was able to tell it was ELAL. It looked like it was taken out of the paint shop in mid repair. Quite unprofessional and even embarassing for those who could recognize it
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by badatz
P.S. As we were taxing I saw the LY plane which was scheduled to leave 45 minutes later. I did not catch its number, but it was devoid of the star on the tail and the ELAL logo on the front.
Could be the plane that was sent to Nigeria. They hid the El Al logo on that one.

(Yeah, on second thought, that was a 747 and LTN gets only 757s, so strike that.)
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by badatz
The seat pitch was not great but adequate for all but the tallest passengers. I managed to get a mid plane exit row which was very comfortable.
Thanks for the trip report ^

Calling the seat pitch "not great" is a bit of an understatement, and I disagree it is adequate.
I would find 29" of pitch far too tight for a 4-5 hour flight.

You were lucky to get an exit row so you were ok, but I have to say it is the prospect of sitting in a normal seat for that length of time that putts me off flying the route with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.