Wiki Posts
Search

anyone try easyjet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
anyone try easyjet?

I'm planning a trip to the UK in Feb. Most of my clients are in the greater London area, with the exception of one, located in Aberdeen, Scotland.

I have 3 options. The longest, and most expensive is the train, at USD330 in first class/USD197 in 2nd. Flying is an option, BA from LHR will run approx USD187 r/t, while EasyJet from London-Luton will cost USD72 r/t, and I get a 737 vs a commuter on BA. Has anyone had any experience with this airline. Their website seems very straightforward. Just curious.

Oh, just so some certain people here don't get cranked, I must raise a mile related question:

If I fly BA, will the segments count towards status on AAdvantage?
Old Dec 21, 2001, 3:14 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
It's Southwest's cheap twin sister, but you pay for everything, including drinks.

It will get you there just fine... but won't take your last dime to do so.

So !

Luton is quite a train ride from LON tho, so plan accordingly. Check to see if the ticket jacket still has a coupon for a discount/ freebie on the train fare.

At the time I thought the fare LON to Luton was kinda pricey for public airport transportation, although I don't remember how much it was now, just off hand. If one is doing LHR/LGW to LTN it's even more pricey, and the inconvenience/luggage factor should be added into the equation.

This issue has been addressed before, and a search might prove useful - although I don't remember in which forum the subject was addressed.

Another coporate cousin is EasyEverything...

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 12-21-2001).]
Old Dec 21, 2001, 4:32 pm

I fly the LTN-ABZ route on Easyjet often, also use their Inverness-LTN. The flight is normally around 1 hour, so it matters little that you have to pay for drinks etc. BA give you very litte food wise on that route anyway (Sandwich in a bag most of the day).

They have a system of first to check-in - first to board. At check-in you are not given a seat number, you are given a boarding number instead so you choose your own seat when you board. It works very well. Check-in opens 2 hours before take off time.

They are excellent value. Yesterday I tried to book BA for an overnight trip ABZ-LHR-ABZ in February. BA price £350 v easyjet £12.00 each way. Bookings are made one way only. You need to book your outward and inward flights seperately. A plus for me as I often fly back into a different airport than I fly out of. If I have a choice I would go for BA everytime, it's the price that sways me. On saying that there is nothing wrong with Easyjet, they are VERY popular over here.

They operate 737's and have a young fleet. Luton is more awkward to get to than LHR & LGW. It doesn't have an express service like the Heathrow or Gatwick Express. You take a Thameslink train from Kings Cross Thameslink Station to Luton Parkway Station then take a free shuttle bus to the airport. If you take a taxi from Central London to Kings Cross be sure to ask the driver to take you to Kings Cross Thamelink and not Kings Cross. The two stations are close to each other however transfering involves navigating an extremely busy road. The journey time from London to Luton can take an hour in total. Trains run several times every hour. The cost of a return is around £20.00. Aberdeen Airport is around 10 minutes taxi ride from the city centre and costs roughly £7.00

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Easyjet. No miles, no drinks however they are efficient and cheap. To get the best fares book as early as possible - booking late often brings up the same fares as BA.

Hope this helps

Old Dec 21, 2001, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My brother-in-law flew them last year GVA-NCE-GVA. Found them to be ok., just what you can expect for a very competitvely priced carrier.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Another way to get to/from LTN if you have time and not much money is by bus/coach. There's one that leaves from Victoria (coach station?) Easyjet has some deal with the bus company. see: http://www.easyjet.co.uk/en/destinations/ltn.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.