Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 free tickets on EasyJet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2002, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
20,000 free tickets on EasyJet

This weekend easyJet is running an incredible 20,000 FREE flights promotion with the Daily Express, Sunday Express, and Daily Star newspapers. Also on offer are 150,000 seats at AMAZING discounted prices and hotel rooms and car hire at CRAZY rates!

The 20,000 FREE SEATS are on flights within the UK and to continental Europe (you only need to pay the airport taxes, "Barclays Fat Cat" charge for flights departing from Luton Airport, and a credit card fee if you don't pay with a debit card). However, not all of the destinations will be available for purchase over the whole of the offer period - we will have different routes on sale every day over the five day booking period. The offer is valid for flights between 23 January and 30 April 2002.

All you have to do to take advantage of this fantastic offer is buy the Daily Express, Sunday Express, or Daily Star between today and Wednesday 9 January to collect the password that will give you access to the special deals on offer that particular day. But don't forget THE PASSWORD CHANGES DAILY, so to access all the great deals on offer, you need to buy the newspaper every day. And make sure that you check out the details of the offer each day so that you don't miss out on the route you want.

You can book these flights from midnight (i.e. early hours of Saturday morning) until midnight on Wednesday 9 January, exclusively online at easyJet.

see http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/20020104_01.html
Old Jan 5, 2002, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Saturday's password: GATWICK

Destinations:
LTN/LGW to Barcelona
LTN to Malaga
LPL to Barcelona
BFS/EDI/GLA to Amsterdam

On the dates I checked ex LTN/LGW, best availability midweek.

In many cases, only £5 APD charged, no PSC's (except LTN).

Other destinations and a different password tomorrow.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Good one Roger.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 6:27 am
Original Poster

link here for free flights

http://promo.easyjet.com/
Old Jan 5, 2002, 6:30 am
Original Poster

I got Belfast to Amsterdam for free both ways. Tax is 8 pounds. Dates are Feb 26, return Feb 28th.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 6:38 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Any codes for today, Sunday January 6, 2002?

It would be interesting to follow what city-pairs are being offered on a daily basis.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 8:12 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Are the free flights only good out of the UK or also vice versa (e.g. ZRH-LTN/LGW)?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today's code is ORANGE.

Routes are:
LPL-Malaga
LPL/LTN/LGW-Majorca
LTN-Belfast
LTN/LGW-Edinburgh

Ex UK only, sorry, airoli!
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:14 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Monday's code, anyone?
Old Jan 7, 2002, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Monday's code is BARGAIN.

Routes:
LGW-Malaga
LGW/LTN-Zurich
LTN/LPL-Madrid
BFS-EDI/GLA

I booked an unplanned trip to see the family in Switzerland. For my dates, the fare is £0 outbound, £15 back, plus £20 UK APD and £5.50 UK PSC's. (£0 for Swiss charges.) Total £40.50.

For amusement, I checked BA out of/back to LHR with similar timings. Total cost £169.90 after £5 deduction for e-ticket! including a Saturday night!

The real joke is that BA's 'taxes, fees, charges and surcharges', as they now describe them, come to £42.90 on top of the fare.

Even recognising that there are differences between LHR and LTN (and LHR is an airport I avoid when I have the chance), how can BA need an additional £17.40 on top of what easyJet need for the extras?

We will take this extra trip, thanks to Stelios and his team. We would certainly not be making the trip at BA prices.

Old Jan 8, 2002, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tuesday's password: SKIING

Routes:
LTN-Athens
LTN/LPL/LGW-Nice
LTN/LPL/LGW-Geneva

Yep, I booked another unplanned trip, to Geneva. For our dates, £0 out, £37.50 back + £10.50 extras from LTN, total £48.

(Extras from LGW would have been only £5 making a total of £43, but timings were not right for us, and we live in North London anyway.)

BA's prices for similar timings on same dates: £136 + 25 = £161 (LHR), £136 + 23.10 = £159.10 (LGW).

Not only the fares differ, so do the add-ons.

Comparison of extras (excluding Air Passenger Duty of £5)
EZ from LGW: £0
BA from LGW: £18.10

EZ from LTN: £5.50
BA from LHR: £20
Old Jan 8, 2002, 7:10 am

Thanks for the info Roger.

One of my personal long time pet peeves about the EasyJet site is that the site won't:

1. Give me a list of the lowest fares that EasyJet has between any two cities.
2. Tell me on what date that the lowest fare is available.

This site is very time consuming in that you have to ask for fares on each and every individual date that you might be interested in. (One has to hunt and peck with multiple dates - and one never really knows if one has received EasyJet's best deal).

What I would like for the site to do is to give me the lowest fares between any two cities - and then tell me when that fare is available.

This would make EasyShopping onEasyJet much more consumer friendly.

Thanks again. Hope you guys in LON will continue to keep us updated.

Old Jan 10, 2002, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the regular fares, you normally get not only the nominated day's available flights but also those for the day before and day after. In the recent promotion, if you checked the 'only show the promotional fares' box, there was a spread of about a week.

easyJet doesn't publish a price list, and it probably wouldn't make much sense if it did, as it operates fluid pricing, i.e. what the market will bear at any given time. I'm afraid it's going to have to be a case of trial and error. Keep punching those keys!

Have you checked www.easyvalue.com also operated by Stelios's group? It offers price comparisons for flights, including from LTN. One snag is that you have to select each airport - LHR, LGW, STN, LTN - there's no LON tab. But I find it useful.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, especially for our cousins outside the UK and Ireland (who would have a problem collecting), easyJet don't seem to be interested in the newspaper coupons you are supposed to give up at check-in.

Two newspaper tie-in trips now (and three more to come) and no problem, though I had them just in case.

Sure, the newspaper wants to sell more copies, and that's why they maintain the fiction of collector coupons. This time, they had a different password and set of destinations each day to persuade you to buy each day. In the end, easyJet just want more passenegers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.