Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Not using the infant portion of a ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Hi all - enjoyed reading the forums over the years and finally registered in the hope someone might be kind enough to answer my question! We have booked return flights LGW - Split next month (booked in February). 2x adults plus an infant (under 2) on one of the adult tickets. As our plans have changed and our child is now staying with the grandparents for the week (and giving us a child-free holiday), we won't use the infant part of the ticket. I wondered if anyone knew how (if at all) this impacts us - I'm getting reminders to check in and add the API for the three of us, but will it cause any issues at the airport if we don't have an infant with us....is it worth trying to remove her from the ticket by calling easyjet (just trying to avoid having to pay a change fee if they'd class it as a change?)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Old Aug 25, 2023, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Wildcat8 welcome to FlyerTalk, I’m glad you’ve broken your posting duck after all these years and hope you will continue sharing now that you have

It’s no problem to do nothing, the infant will simply become a ‘no show’. I can’t imagine you’d receive a refund if you cancel the infant’s booking. If the agent at bagdrop/boarding says anything just advise them of your change of plans. You’re certainly under no obligation (or risk in failing) to inform them.
Wildcat8 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you! That is really helpful and much appreciated
Old Aug 25, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
The gate agent or flight attendant might remove it from the reso, but no issue. They use it for safety (distribution of life vests?) or weight and balance (not sure which). I've had issues where i've had a infant in arms on my ticket and the kid was sitting in another row w/ my wife, and they moved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.