Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

No Amsterdam <-> Tenerife flights during summer. Should I wait, or look elsewhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Amsterdam <-> Tenerife flights during summer. Should I wait, or look elsewhere?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

My parents have planned a trip to Tenerife in July 2023, so now I'm looking for flights from the Netherlands to join them.

I've traveled with EasyJet and Transavia in the past (from Schiphol), but Transavia doesn't fly to Tenerife from Schiphol on Tuesdays, and EasyJet is showing no flights at all for this route during July and August (and also no flights on Tuesdays from April until end of October).

I'm wondering if there's a reason that EasyJet has no flights for this route during peak holiday season? Should I wait a few weeks/months in hope that EasyJet might start selling flights for this route during this period? Or should I look into alternative options now?

Currently, my best option seems to be Transavia from Eindhoven, but Eindhoven is a lot further for me to travel, and the flight from Eindhoven is a 6:55am departure and a bit more expensive, so I'd prefer an EasyJet option if it's possible.

It just seems crazy to me that there are so few options during peak season!

Thanks, MartinB105
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Peak season for the Canaries is by far winter, so there are multiple other places from which U2 flies to Tenerife in the winter season and not in the summer. I have no idea about AMS but my guess is that it must be or have become the same as the summer schedule seems to be largely in place (I have booked several flights already). It doesn't mean that no routes will be added, some may well be still, but at this stage, the probability is that you see what there is to see.

U2 has limited aircrafts based in AMS and Tenerife is a long route. If they make more money flying more flights to shorter routes (e.g. Italy, France, mainland Spain) or other flights of equivalent times (e.g. Greece) than Tenerife in that season, the choice is easy to make and I would book based on what you see available if the price is right.
MartinB105 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:16 am

Have a look at Ryanair from Eindhoven. Flights are Monday and Thursday afternoons. Although it's not your preferred departure point it may be something to consider given that the departure times are in the afternoons
MartinB105 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I somehow missed the Ryanair option.

I think traveling on the Monday noon flight will be nicer, and the cheaper Ryanair flight should offset the cost of a hotel for Monday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.