Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twilight check in Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Twilight check in Manchester

I see easyJet are now doing twilight check in at 4 airports including Manchester. EasyJet website says flights leaving before 8.30am are included. I am struggling to get a straight answer from easyJet if before 8.30 includes flights scheduled for exactly 8.30 or at latest 8.29! Has anyone been through any of the airports easyJet are offering twilight check ins and had a flight which is scheduled on the time it says it goes up to?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:52 pm

Before 8:30 would seem to imply flights leaving at 8:30 are not eligible. EasyJet usually goes to great lengths to state "inclusive" when providing a range if that is what they intend. I'd be interested what you find out incase this is an issue of imprecise wording but I think their intent is to exclude flights leaving at the end time they state.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:56 am
Original Poster

No further response from easyjet but I am leaning to its probably up to 8.29. That said we are going to be staying at the airport the night before anyway so will nip down and ask someone if we can drop bags and then report back!
jjbiv and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Anybody tried this, we're on a flight at 0700 Wednesday so seriously considering dropping the 4 suitcases tomorrow evening to save hassle Wed morning.

I'm assuming it.would be stright to security in the AM, also interested if anyone has had issue with the bags making it to destination.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The Twilight Bag Drop is still operational. It is available between 1800 and 2100 from MAN, BRS, BER and between 1830 and 2000 at LGW. More info at the bottom of this page: https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/bagg...d-hold-luggage
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:33 am

Thanks, have seen that and Easyjet sent an email suggesting it, was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences of using it.

Might try it and report back, have friends on the same flight that will be doing AM check in for comparison.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 6:51 am

So we used this, no drama and worked well. Once in the building straight to a desk, bags done and out again, was in the car park less than 30 minutes (£6). Bags arrived at destination as expected.

So for me the whole round trip, incl dropping bags was about 1hr15.

Other family members on the same flight arrived at 0430 for a 0700 flight and check in took 30 minutes.

So in essence my twighlight saved my 30 mins in the morning but cost me 1hr30 the night before amd £6. It probably saved another 20 mins at security, however i temper that with us having Ftrack which they didn't.

On balance I'm 50/50 if I'd reuse twighlight checkin, probably so if in school holiday/peak period but otherwise not.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.