Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

how strict is on easyjet on hand baggage size?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how strict is on easyjet on hand baggage size?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:48 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by emkay
How strict is easyjet if my carry-on is 2 cm to tall with the wheels?
if everything is online then when would they size it and charge me?
by boarding?
My experience as an easyJet plus customer: At their bases, they never really care how big any of my two carry-ons are. I'd say maybe 1 in 10 flights they look at the bag. I really appreciate this at it's a major reason I shift business towards easyJet now (take note LX).

At outstations: depends on the size of the station. I've found the smaller the station is, the more risk you have of someone being a pain. I've had anything from being asked to put the bag in the sizer to being told I wasn't allowed 2 bags (my answer was, should I report this and the fact that you did no speedy boarding to easyJet?). All quite random, but the general rule is the smaller the station the more off-spec the experience will be.

For all other customers, it's strictly one bag and if your bag is too big chances are it will end up in the hold if the flight is more than 80% full.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I forgot to follow up... I ended up checking one bag for logistical reasons.

Originally Posted by lehovec
Also make sure you have mobile phone or OLCI boarindg card (these clearly display FLEXI as opposed to the aiport check in) as these two give you £5 worth of food&drinks.
Apparently there was some new process in place where I should have gotten a voucher with a bar code with my BP vi OLCI (but didn't), and the FA couldn't give me the £5 credit without it. They did suggest requesting a refund from customer service after the flight, but tbh it wasn't worth the effort.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
I forgot to follow up... I ended up checking one bag for logistical reasons.

Apparently there was some new process in place where I should have gotten a voucher with a bar code with my BP vi OLCI (but didn't), and the FA couldn't give me the £5 credit without it. They did suggest requesting a refund from customer service after the flight, but tbh it wasn't worth the effort.
The FA obviously did not read their memos / procedures. There is no bar code/voucher... You need to present your boarding card and FA needs to select FLEXI voucher from certain screen on their device. Then the device prints voucher which FA needs to fill in.
It is really bad that airline does not train staff better in regards to this as it FLEXI tickets are really not cheap and should not p*ss FLEXI customer off.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Originally Posted by lehovec
The FA obviously did not read their memos / procedures. There is no bar code/voucher... You need to present your boarding card and FA needs to select FLEXI voucher from certain screen on their device. Then the device prints voucher which FA needs to fill in.
It is really bad that airline does not train staff better in regards to this as it FLEXI tickets are really not cheap and should not p*ss FLEXI customer off.
Mountain and Mole Hill spring to mind with the above comment.

What sounds like has happened is the FA has gotten confused between the flexi voucher and the prepaid vouchers.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Well then the FA should have checked with their colleagues. It is only £5, granted but as I said FLEXI customers are normally high yielding pax and the airline should do everything to keep them happy, including ensuring that any confusion between prepaid vouchers and flexi is cleared up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.