FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how strict is on easyjet on hand baggage size?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:48 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by emkay
How strict is easyjet if my carry-on is 2 cm to tall with the wheels?
if everything is online then when would they size it and charge me?
by boarding?
My experience as an easyJet plus customer: At their bases, they never really care how big any of my two carry-ons are. I'd say maybe 1 in 10 flights they look at the bag. I really appreciate this at it's a major reason I shift business towards easyJet now (take note LX).

At outstations: depends on the size of the station. I've found the smaller the station is, the more risk you have of someone being a pain. I've had anything from being asked to put the bag in the sizer to being told I wasn't allowed 2 bags (my answer was, should I report this and the fact that you did no speedy boarding to easyJet?). All quite random, but the general rule is the smaller the station the more off-spec the experience will be.

For all other customers, it's strictly one bag and if your bag is too big chances are it will end up in the hold if the flight is more than 80% full.