Wiki Posts
Search

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Question Taxes, Surcharges & Fees?

Hello Everyone!

I usually use Avis or Alamo so am pretty new to Dollar. I made a reservation online for a car in PSP in July.

When I completed the reservation, all it indicated was the Base Rate and State Tax all added to make up the Total Estimated Charges.

The Taxes, Surcharges & Fees was left blank....not $0.00 but just blank.

So does this mean that there are no Taxes, Surcharges & Fees for this particular rental?

I know it's only an "estimate" but even Avis shows the Surcharge estimate and adds that on to the Total Estimated Charges.

Thanks in advance for the info.....just wanted to make sure that I won't have any surprise charges once I pick up the car at PSP.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:16 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
No additional surcharges when I did a Hertz res.

On the Hertz site, I did a 3 day weekend res for PSP. It gave me a base price & a total price. The difference is the 7.75% sales tax. I would believe there are no extra surcharges.

Just to make sure, I would call Dollar & verify there will be no extra surcharges other than the 7.75% sales tax.

Last edited by chemist661; Apr 5, 2006 at 1:18 am Reason: change to "call Dollar"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.