Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrade in Vegas??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, and the equivalents that I don't use.
Free upgrade in Vegas??

I'm going to rent a car in Vegas from March 9-11 and plan to pick it up at Paris hotel. Should I book an economy and hope for a free upgrade (I'm assuming they don't have many cars in stock at their hotel locations)? Or will they simply deliver an economy car to that location before I get there?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 5:18 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Frequently, I have found in Vegas that Dollar doesn't have the car that I requested. However, I usually book Intermediate or Full, not economy. I usually see the Economy line of cars is pretty full, so I wouldn't count on an upgrade from Economy.

However, I usually get a price quote for Intermediate, then get an upgrade offer for Full for just a $1 or $2 more per day. They are fairly frequently out of full size cars, and I get a premium, usually for about $25-30 per day. Not a bad deal.

Dollar in Vegas is a "pick your own car from this line" city.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:40 am

I don't think your chances of getting an upgrade at Paris from economy class are that good. From past experience renting from Dollar at various Vegas hotels, including Paris, I have found they do seem to have more economy cars available than at the airport.

You may want to check Dollar's airport rates. Sometime rates are cheaper than at the hotels, sometimes cheaper picking up at LAS. Rates also vary hotel to hotel, also depending on dates. BTW, if you rent at Bally's, you will still need to walk over to Paris parking garage to pick up your car. At least that is how it was for me some months ago.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
my findings is if you go to the dollar airport location, they have so many people in and out of there that they don't say a WORD if you take a full car after renting a mid size. I've got the fastlane card and always hand the lot attendant a $10 and tell him I'm going to take that pacifica over there, is that OK with him? it's worked for me thus far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.