Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

How much for an Extra Day if returned late past reserved date and time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

I have a car reserved in DEN, to return on July 22nd at 10 PM. However, due to a change in itinerary, I'll need to keep the car till the following day on July 23rd, and return at 8 AM. If I make a change/or new reservation, the new rates are higher than my current reserved rate. So, I think I'll just keep my reservation as is, and return on the 23rd at 8 AM. But, how much am I looking at in extra cost?

NOTE: I a picking up on June 15, and though car rental rates are higher, when I plug in the return for the 23rd, the car rate is the same as if I were to return on the 22nd at 10 PM. So, hypothetically if I were to make a new reservation, whether I return the car on the 22nd at 10 PM, or on the 23rd at 8 AM, the car rate is the same. So I was wondering, if I return the car past the reserved time, would I even be charged extra? How late can I return the car with out incurring extra cost? Or, should I expect a charge, and if so, how much might it be by returning on the 23rd at 8 AM vs. on the 22nd at 10 PM. Also, when I pick up the car, should I tell them at the time of pick up that I'll actually be returning on the 23rd>

Thanks for any and all help.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

What is your pickup date and time? There are different daily weekend and weekly rates. If your adjusted time causes a rate change then you may have an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.