FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much for an Extra Day if returned late past reserved date and time?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:10 am
swdke

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
How much for an Extra Day if returned late past reserved date and time?

I have a car reserved in DEN, to return on July 22nd at 10 PM. However, due to a change in itinerary, I'll need to keep the car till the following day on July 23rd, and return at 8 AM. If I make a change/or new reservation, the new rates are higher than my current reserved rate. So, I think I'll just keep my reservation as is, and return on the 23rd at 8 AM. But, how much am I looking at in extra cost?

NOTE: I a picking up on June 15, and though car rental rates are higher, when I plug in the return for the 23rd, the car rate is the same as if I were to return on the 22nd at 10 PM. So, hypothetically if I were to make a new reservation, whether I return the car on the 22nd at 10 PM, or on the 23rd at 8 AM, the car rate is the same. So I was wondering, if I return the car past the reserved time, would I even be charged extra? How late can I return the car with out incurring extra cost? Or, should I expect a charge, and if so, how much might it be by returning on the 23rd at 8 AM vs. on the 22nd at 10 PM. Also, when I pick up the car, should I tell them at the time of pick up that I'll actually be returning on the 23rd>

Thanks for any and all help.