Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Don't fall for the "free gas" offer with Dollar Travel Advantage when calling to book

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't fall for the "free gas" offer with Dollar Travel Advantage when calling to book

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Just had a great booking experience....but, at the end of the call they transferred me to an outside agency trying to promote the fact that I could save $30 on free gas by only paying $1 for a trial membership with "Dollar Travel Advantage"...and kept saying I could cancel anytime....and then they turned it up a notch and send I could get $60 in free gas....I kept asking questions, and then find out it's a voucher that I would need to mail back to them w/ my gas receipt to wait for them to send me a check...getting to become a hassle, and they want my credit card # to charge me a $1....during this time on the phone I google it, and quickly told them no thanks after reading this article of multiple people that went for it and are not happy with the outcome; many calling it a scam:
http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...advantage.html
....not good for Dollar to link themselves to such a scenario that people feel like they've been scammed.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*
I think the actual name of the company is Great Fun , not to be rude/mean but did you really think that any rental car company or any company will give you up to $60 in free gas? If its too good to be true it is, Dollar probably makes a percentage of the money so its in their benefit to post it on their website, although I agree with you that a company should not link themselves with this type of operation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.