FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't fall for the "free gas" offer with Dollar Travel Advantage when calling to book
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:04 pm
beebalmer

Don't fall for the "free gas" offer with Dollar Travel Advantage when calling to book

Just had a great booking experience....but, at the end of the call they transferred me to an outside agency trying to promote the fact that I could save $30 on free gas by only paying $1 for a trial membership with "Dollar Travel Advantage"...and kept saying I could cancel anytime....and then they turned it up a notch and send I could get $60 in free gas....I kept asking questions, and then find out it's a voucher that I would need to mail back to them w/ my gas receipt to wait for them to send me a check...getting to become a hassle, and they want my credit card # to charge me a $1....during this time on the phone I google it, and quickly told them no thanks after reading this article of multiple people that went for it and are not happy with the outcome; many calling it a scam:
http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...advantage.html
....not good for Dollar to link themselves to such a scenario that people feel like they've been scammed.