Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I paid for more fuel than I got, should I complain?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
I paid for more fuel than I got, should I complain?

Hi,

I had a reservation for a full-size car.
I couldn't sit comfortable in any of the available cars (I'm 6'11), so I downgraded to a mid-size car. (Voluntary. Although I wouldn't have had to downgrade if they would have had the car that was shown on the website...).

My mid-size car had a tank capacity of 16.9 gal.
I paid for a full size car and 19 gal of fuel.

Do I have reason to complain? I think that they should have decreased the fuel part on my invoice after the downsizing. Now I paid for fuel that I never got.

(Dollar Thrifty IAD.)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
id you try helping yourself

Have you tried contacting the company to rectify the error?
Complaining here makes you feel good but does not accomplish the task necessary in order to get you a refund.
Probably an oversight on their part that you hold the key to rectifying
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
Hi. Thanks for the answer.

I have (of course) already contacted the company, but it is weekend now so I reply will not come before tomorrow.

My question was to ask whether there was a mistake on Dollar/Thrifty's part, or whether this is a normal practice after voluntary downsizing.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
It probably was a mistake, the system will automatically adjust everything in accordance with the specific car that you had. The problem might be that its showing 19 gal instead of 16.9 in the system. They should be able to issue a refund. BTW, Did you notice this on the final receipt? Because on the original contract (the first paperwork they gave you) the gas is actually "gauged" for the type of car/car class, but when you receive your FINAL receipt it will actually tell you what was charged and at how much. Im asking because its easy to confuse the two, sometimes they print a slip at the gate that looks very similar to a receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.