Dollar at Tampa International Airport

Old May 7, 11, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Dollar at Tampa International Airport

Does the Dollar desk clerk give you your keys to an allocated car at Tampa airport or are you able to select your car from a row of vehicles in the garage?

I know Alamo allow you to select but I think I read somewhere that Dollar do this also at some FL locations.

Thanks
Old Jun 18, 12, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mco66 View Post
Does the Dollar desk clerk give you your keys to an allocated car at Tampa airport or are you able to select your car from a row of vehicles in the garage?

I know Alamo allow you to select but I think I read somewhere that Dollar do this also at some FL locations.

Thanks

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I would like to know the answer to this as well if someone would be kind enough to respond.
Old Jun 19, 12, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*
Tampa is not a Choice Location

Tampa is not a Choice Location according to its website. There are 5 other Dollars in FL that are. If you have time, just go to a choice location and just complain about something... preferably the same (or next day) and they will probably tell you to go choose a car. I've done it at Thrifty locations... (For those of you who don't know Dollar and Thrifty are sister companies so only the branding is different.)

In other words, in Tampa the rental agent assigns a car for you and you are usually not able to select the specific car you want.

Source: http://www.dollar.com/TravelCenter/T...ceService.aspx
Old Aug 11, 12, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have rented a few times recently from Dollar at TPA and I was able to select a car. At TPA, they do not pre-assign you a car, when you check in at the express booth then they will hand you a set of keys for a car in your price category, so before you go to the express counter, go out to the parking area and scout around for a particular car you are looking that would be in your price category and then tell the person in the booth you would like that car. They might have to dig around for the keys to that particular car but my experiences at TPA with the express booth have been excellent, a very nice bunch of guys and gals there.

My preference is renting cars with a working satellite radio and at TPA they have been very accommodating to my request by looking at the vehicle mileage on the paperwork with the key tags, a low mileage car usually has a working satellite radio, and then going out to the parking area and checking the car to see if it has a satellite radio installed, not all their cars have satellite radios, let alone those cars with the installed satellite radio that still have time left on the initial subscription that came with the car, so it is the luck of the draw if they have any on the lot that day

At other Dollar locations where they already had my contract printed out and waiting in the car I have sometimes refused the assigned car and asked for another one and they have accommodated me, one time they had an upgraded SUV waiting for me and I refused it because I wanted a car with a lockable trunk so they changed me over to sedan instead.

Mr. Elliott
Old Oct 29, 12, 4:18 pm

Can anyone confirm if they have Crown Vics at Tampa?
Have booked a Chrysler 300 (premium) but Dollar are saying it could be a CV, which I dont want...
Old Nov 7, 12, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Glenpf View Post
Can anyone confirm if they have Crown Vics at Tampa?
Have booked a Chrysler 300 (premium) but Dollar are saying it could be a CV, which I dont want...
I was offered a Grand Marquis as an upgrade last week in TPA, but turned it down and stayed with the Impala I had reserved.

Mr. Elliott

Search this Thread