Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

ResMed CPAP's built-in cellular modem, can it go into airplane mode?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

I will be picking up my first CPAP machine in a few days. The company that's handling it called me to explain my co-insurance and other stuff. The lady mentioned that the ResMed CPAP has a built-in cellular modem that sends my usage data to them(or the insurance company).

If I get a battery pack and use it on a plane, does it have an airplane mode? (not sure of the model# yet, since I haven't seen the machine yet)

By the way, I'm a newbie to CPAP and sleep apnea, having been diagnosed just this month. I'm confused as to why sleep apnea is usually being discussed in the "Disability Travel" section... My doctor never said anything and I didn't realize sleep apnea was a disability?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by WalterSFO
I will be picking up my first CPAP machine in a few days. The company that's handling it called me to explain my co-insurance and other stuff. The lady mentioned that the ResMed CPAP has a built-in cellular modem that sends my usage data to them(or the insurance company).

If I get a battery pack and use it on a plane, does it have an airplane mode? (not sure of the model# yet, since I haven't seen the machine yet)

By the way, I'm a newbie to CPAP and sleep apnea, having been diagnosed just this month. I'm confused as to why sleep apnea is usually being discussed in the "Disability Travel" section... My doctor never said anything and I didn't realize sleep apnea was a disability?

Thanks!
See page 11 of this user guide.
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documen...e_amer_eng.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.